Bodyfat percentage

I hope this is the right forum for this...

If not, mods are free to move it!

Height: 5'3"
Weight: 142lbs +/- 2 lbs for regular fluctuations
StrongLifts 5x5 is my strength training routine.
Currently eating at maintenance of net 1640 calories but planning on a cut in January to lose bodyfat for a wedding in June.

26lo2w4dptu2.jpg

I am looking into getting a DEXA scan or a bod pod done but they're really expensive in Canada...

Any guesses on bodyfat%?

Would like to get down to 20% if that is doable for me.

Thank you.

Replies

• jagodfrey08
    jagodfrey08 Posts: 425 Member
    I bought a scale from amazon that measures your weight, far percentage, water percentage, bone weight, and muscle weight. It's like $30- $40 and is accurate to .2 lbs. Matches my nutritionist's scales. Maybe look into one? That would be the easiest way to determine the percentage.
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    6 months to lose down to 20% might be too steep. Better to just go for 4 pounds loss a month. So 6 months at 4 pounds is 24 pounds. I don't know if that would give you 20% though.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited November 2016
    Scales that determine body composition are not useful or accurate at all as described by poster above. You can purchase one of these but know its accuracy is unreliable..

So if I had to guess it I say the 35%'sh range.

Cut now and setup for a 1 pound a week loss, keep lifting, and assure your protein is adequate.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    My guess: low 30's. You could try over in the ETP Group BF Estimation Thread.

Hasn't been updated in quite a while, but I'm sure you'd get a good estimation.

I'm not sure 20% is necessarily viable in 6 months, but I'd think close to 25% would be. Who knows - maybe I'm wrong and 20% is quite possible.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    20% is the ultimate goal, not the six month goal. I should have clarified.

If I could get down to 25% in that time, I'd definitely be happy.

Thanks!
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Something I always say in these bodyfat estimation threads is; does the number really matter? A rough idea is good for calculation of macros but the number won't change much. My advice is to go by the mirror and scales. Long term scales reveal the trend and pictures will help you see how far you've come.

Everyone says I want to weight XXX by this date or be XX% bodyfat but when you get there, I assure you, you won't look how you think you will.