Need toning workouts

I have lost over 100lbs and of course I have a lot of loose skin. I want to start toning and I don't know where to start. I want to do in home workouts so any DVDs or programs that you are aware of that can get me tone in home! Any ideas are appreciated! Thanks in advance for your help!

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    'Toning' is losing fat so you can see the muscle beneath. It won't really help lose skin, but skin can take up to a year to regain elasticity, so it may improve on its own
  • a45cal
    a45cal Posts: 85 Member
    'Toning' is losing fat so you can see the muscle beneath. It won't really help lose skin, but skin can take up to a year to regain elasticity, so it may improve on its own

Totally true, but you also need to have muscle to be able to see it when the fat's gone. And since OP has lost over a hundred pounds without resistance training, she's most likely lost a significant portion.

I'd normally suggest lifting weights, but since you want workouts you can do at home, I'll say that body weight exercises are probably a decent route for you to build a bit of strength. There are some good programs around like You Are Your Own Gym, Convict Conditioning, and the bodyweight portion of Strong Curves (which is aimed primarily at women starting out in strength training). One of those would likely be a good place to start.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Eat less food and/or move more. That's it.