Missing 2 days on Insanity

Options
I am on day 17 of the Insanity workout and have not missed any days. I am going out of town on Saturday and will be missing 2 days (Saturday and Monday).

A couple of questions:

- I am scheduled to do cardio recovery tomorrow. Should I skip it and do the next days workout, thereby only missing one workout?
- On Tuesday, do I do that days dvd or the ones that I skipped?

Thanks,

Tali

Replies

• Daytonsmommy
    Daytonsmommy Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I just started my 2nd round of Insanity, and my personal opinion is to stick to the schedule. Don't skip the recovery DVD as it's included to give your muscles the necessary break they need. When I had to miss an additional day of the program, I just jumped back in on whichever DVD I left off on. I don't see why it would cause a major disruption as long as you get back to it as soon as you can :smile:
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't skip anything. There's a reason the Recovery DVD is in there. You are way more likely to hurt yourself if you skip it. When I did Insanity I missed 2 days because I got sick. My solution was to repeat that week. That way instead of missing workouts I actually got extras in.
  • jquijas
    jquijas Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    What they said, enjoy the days off and just start from where you left off when you get back. Your body will thank you, you will be refreshed, and also a little more motivated to get back into it because you had to miss 2 days.
  • tali00
    tali00 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. I decided not to skip recovery tomorrow and add a 3 mile run at lunch. I will also just pick up where I left off when I get back from my weekend.