How Does One Detox Naturally ?

Options
I recently decided to start losing weight again and I feel bloated whenever I get done exercising.. How do I get rid of the bloat without taking toxic pills?

Replies

• JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    Is no one going to suggest sugar free haribo?

LOL
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    What is bloat, what exercise are you doing to make you bloat, and how does it feel? How do you know that you've got rid of it, and if it comes from exercising, won't it come back every time you exercise? What toxic pills? Help me out here!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    You bloat from exercise? What type of exercise? Are you lifting weights and talking about feeling pumped up?
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Is your abdomen bloating after exercise? What exactly do you mean by bloating after exercise?
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to see the marketing for "toxic pills" - bet they are going to fly off the shelves..... :)
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    I'm another who can't relate to bloating after exercise, it just doesn't happen to me. But if I try to increase raw foods or beans or cruciferous veggies (even cooked ones) I get gassy. Is that what you mean by bloated?
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I bought some nuun tablets w/ electrolytes that I desolve in water and drink after I exercise. My tummy doesn't puff up, but I get sausage fingers and my feet get puffy. Seems to help a bit. Probably no different than drinking the low sugar Gatorades.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Sausage fingers! I thought that was just me! I get the sausage fingers after even a long walk -- I thought I was some kind of freak and/or alien.
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    avskk wrote: »
    Sausage fingers! I thought that was just me! I get the sausage fingers after even a long walk -- I thought I was some kind of freak and/or alien.

:D Nope, not an alien. I get that too after exercise. Apparently it's a pretty common response to exercise. The increased demand for blood causes vessels to expand to increase blood flow or something along those lines.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    I get sausage fingers and a runny nose every time I'm out on a hike.

oh wow my right nostril runs like crazy when i walk. Only ever the right one. Glad im not alone i wonder why noses get runny :o not even stuffy or anything when im home relaxing.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    +1 for sausage fingers, especially in the heat. I find it helps to hold my hands above elbow height when I walk (though that can look weird)

I get a runny nose when I run, so I try to take an antihistamine about half an hour before.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,987 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    I get sausage fingers and a runny nose every time I'm out on a hike.

Do you use hiking poles? For me, that solves the problem (for the sausage fingers, not the runny nose).