8lbs down....pic time?

I have my before pic...I've now lost 8lbs. I feel good and my clothes fit better...I'm afraid to take a progress pic and feeling like 8lbs wont show as much as it makes me feel...if that makes sense.

When did you all take your first progress pic? Should i wait until I lose 10lbs?

Replies

• prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 721 Member
    Congrats on that weight loss. When I first started I needed to lose 60 pounds. I took my first pic at 20 pounds down. I could really see a difference. I'm down 30 but am waiting to take another pic at 40 pounds down. It's taking a while but I'm in in for the long haul!!! Take your progress pics whenever you want to. Good luck on your journey and keep up the good work!!!
  • HaleCry
    HaleCry Posts: 387 Member
    It honestly depends on how much you have to lose. If you have 100lbs to lose it probably won't look like much. If you have 20 to lose you'll look very different. Take the photo. Don't beat yourself up if you haven't changed much! But you may be surprised :smile:
  • jbatinker
    jbatinker Posts: 313 Member
    I recommend that you take a progress picture. I have done one at almost every 10 pounds lost. When I need inspiration I pull them up (all on one Power point) and remind myself how far I have come. It is kind of cool to see my body changing over time.
  • LillysMomma09
    LillysMomma09 Posts: 272 Member
    I took my first after the first month, then waited 3 months and now at my 40 pound mark.
    I won't take another till 50.
    But you know what?? You take them when ever you feel like it!! Be proud of what you've done!
  • suemcmurry
    suemcmurry Posts: 188 Member
    edited November 2016
    Good for you and 8lbs!!! If you want to post a pic, please do!!! Whatever makes you feel good!

I recently restarted after an incredibly AWFUL year but have managed to shed almost 20 lbs so far! I feel GRRRREAT but am not up to taking pics yet. I am 54 (almost 55!!) and my stats are SW 175, CW 156, GW 130 (maybe....wink wink!) with height 5'2".

I look forward to all the success stories posted as they keep me on track.

Hooray for everyone on FP and keep up the great work!!!! Remember, things in life worth having or attaining are worth working HARD for!!!!

YAY US!!!! <3<3<3
  • Wiggymommy
    Wiggymommy Posts: 106 Member
    I've looked at tons of before and after pics and have done some before's myself. It seems the best would be maybe a routine. Takes a few minutes to take a pic so maybe take one every month. I have a lot to lose and I plan to use my story to motivate others so I'm documenting everything. I even keep a video diary weekly after weigh ins. I watched a video of a woman who took many a long the way and she fused them all together. You could see the weight just melt off and it was so amazing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!