BOOTY GAINZZZZ

Options
I've lost so much weight (muscle) over the past year & I NEED it all back lol I'm pretty new to this app so we'll see how this goes (: just trying to stay motivated

Replies

• jolive7
    jolive7 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Are you training in a progressive overload and eating enough calories? Look at the volume of your sessions i.e. weight lifted x reps and make sure you are constantly increasing volume!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    you really can't spot increase, just like you can't spot reduce....I would look into strong curves as that would be targeted to your booty...

eat in a surplus and follow a structured progressive overload program.
  • jolive7
    jolive7 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    ^^ this is not correct. You will obviously grow more muscle in the areas that you train with the most volume. This is why you see so many guys with huge arms/chest and small legs, that saying that they "skip leg day". If you were talking about fat then you will stack it on wherever you are genetically predisposed to, but you said muscle.
  • Nikkimaxim
    Nikkimaxim Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Yes, progressive overload and make sure to add in a lot of booty isolation exercises. I used to focus on mainly squats, lunges, leg presses and deadlifts. It wasn't until I added hip thrusts, donkey kicks, reverse hyperextensions, ball extensions, glute bridges, Kneeling squats and other various forms of leg lifts that I really started growing and adding shape to my glutes. Make sure you're eating towards your goals as well!
  • socially_awkward_and_hungry
    Options
    I'm looking to do the same ☺
  • serapel
    serapel Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Check out my photos in my profile. I had NO butt...typical pancake and over 5 months, I actually have a normal looking booty.

I did it with barbell hip thrusts. All my workouts center on the bbht. I started with the bar 45 lbs and yesterday I thrusted 195 lbs set of 8, 6 and 7. My booty is definitely growing, but I don't have good booty genetics and I'm 45 years old. I'm following "Strong Curves" type program, but I cannot squat due to hip issues, so I do cable pull throughs, reverse back extensions, band work for glutes, curtsey lunges, cable kick backs, etc.

You would probably get much quicker results with the bbht. Check out Bret Contreras' videos on it.