Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Mirena IUD and Weight Gain/Loss

13»

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    Best BC by far out of all the ones I've tried was my partner getting a vasectomy.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    My Mirena gives me epic, pregnancy-level food cravings that are hard to resist. Every month it gets a tinier bit better.
  • categ78
    categ78 Posts: 47 Member
    I had the mirena for 5 years,

It neither made me gain or lose and while I did secretly hope I’d lose weight on its removal alas no scales stayed the same

I have felt healthier generally in my body since it was removed but my pmt has come back and is horrid so it’s all pros and cons
  • nicolehorn0114
    nicolehorn0114 Posts: 51 Member
    I think Mirena helped me lose weight. I don’t get crazy PMS cravings like I used to.
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    I thought Mirena wasn’t eostrogen based and therefore shouldn’t have an adverse (or beneficial) effect on weight gain. But I guess there’s always the possibility of an outlier effect.
  • cnave99
    cnave99 Posts: 63 Member
    edited June 2018
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    I had a Mirena before I lost weight. I had a Mirena during the 2.5 years in which I lost 100 pounds. I have had a Mirena while in maintenance over the past year.

I lost weight by being in a calorie deficit and I maintain my weight by balancing my calories eaten with my calories burned. The Mirena did not affect that process.
  • doittoitgirl
    doittoitgirl Posts: 157 Member
    edited June 2018