Arnold in the 60s

I am 29 yo m and I weigh about 288 I am 6'3" tall. I was wondering if my goal of looking like Arnold in the 60s was way out of reach I am an ex power lifter but now am fat lol I've lost about 15 lbs of BF in the last 4 months just looking ahead alittle to see if it's outa reach

Replies

• Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Saw this with his stats:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bodybuilders-arnold.htm

6'2", 260 pounds off season, 235 competition weight. Arnold was blessed with great genes, fantastic work ethic and had some chemical assistance.

You can improve your appearance and look great, but many consider Arnold in the late 60's and '70's to be the GOAT. Guess it depends how close to him you want to look.

In any case best of luck.
  • ironkid55
    ironkid55 Posts: 23 Member
    I'm not going for 1967 Mr Olympia Arnold but more like 1964 when he won his first comp
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Yes it is unlikely. He has one of the greatest physiques of all time (in my opinion). Unless you are genetically gifted and have access to boatloads of PED's you have no chance.

For reference, my profile picture is me at 6'3 and 230lbs and I look nothing like him.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    ironkid55 wrote: »
    I am 29 yo m and I weigh about 288 I am 6'3" tall. I was wondering if my goal of looking like Arnold in the 60s was way out of reach I am an ex power lifter but now am fat lol I've lost about 15 lbs of BF in the last 4 months just looking ahead alittle to see if it's outa reach

You do know that himself and practically all of the golden era bodybuilder a popped dianabol among many other drugs like candy right? He also had +18" arms.
  • Be the best you, not someone else.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member

Short Answer: It's probably a little out of reach.

Slightly Longer Opinion: Try anyways, stay consistent, train hard, eat for fuel, get shredded brah!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member

Slightly Longer Opinion: Try anyways, stay consistent, train hard, eat for fuel, get shredded brah!
    I like this post.
  • ironkid55
    ironkid55 Posts: 23 Member

Thanks love that post
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member

This.

Nothing wrong with long term goals, but I feel keeping the goals within your gentics, use or non use of steroids, workout commitment should be taken in consideration. If it was easy or even possible, more people would have his physique.

Before retiring from football at age 33, I was 245lb with relatively low bod fat (15%) and looked tiny compared to Arnold. In my current PP at age 47 at 212lbs(12%) is a different look but still nothing remotely close to a body builder. I'm limited to within my own restrictons no matter how hard I work.

Best of luck to what ever you accomplish towards your goals.