How can l loose weight with 2 kids??

Options
1235»

Replies

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Right now my weight is 182 and l have two daughters?? How can l do some exercise from my house??

To lose weight you need a calorie deficit. To do that you eat fewer calories or burn more or a combination of the two. CICO
    Watching your calorie intake is the easier way than relying heavily on exercise to lose weight IME.

Exercise at home-
    tons of free workout videos on you tube that are 10-30 minutes- I like Jessica Smith tv on You Tube.
    walking inside or outside the home
    exercise dvd's- Walk at Home with Leslie Sansone is easy to follow
    home exercise equipment
    active video games- My dd likes to play Just Dance games and we do them together.
    turn on music and dance for 30 minutes
    get a pedometer and increase your steps throughout the day- be less efficient
    do more active hobbies like gardening or sports

• bketchum1981
    bketchum1981 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I have done many forms of movement over the years, some more effective than others.

The one where my sister thought I was just nuts was having baby in a Snugglie in my chest while pulling the other kid in a wagon down a gravel road UPHILL. Kinda funny but I was determined to keep activity in my life. Now, at 53 it has transformed but THAT was the beginning!!
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    For exercise, could possibly Sign up for a gym with babysitting (some will take infants) and do whatever form of exercise you desire. Just don't stay past childcare closing time, though. I've seen my share of some young lady right outside our fitness class with a kid on her hip and a scowl on her face, and within moments some other young woman in the class catching her eye and sprinting out of class!
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    speaking as a graduated single parent who got sick to death of being bullied and hectored by willful public blindness about the diversity of conditions different people 'parent' under . . .

i think the hardest thing for me with small children was consistency. one-off stuff is always available, but you have to go with the flow so much when they're small, that it might be best to just take a 'get it while/when you can' kind of approach.

ime holding yourself to expectations of a consistent 'routine' is just a path to heartbreak unless you have very consistent backup/support on the parenting front while they're at that age where leaving them unsupervised is not only unsafe but illegal as well.

• almeyer2013
    almeyer2013 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am not sure if you are married or not, but after my son goes to bed, which is around 7pm, I go to the gym and my husband is home with our son.

On the weekends, we all go to the gym together because our YMCA has child watch services. I also meal plan every week and I cook almost all meals at home so I know how food is prepared and portion appropriately.

Despite being a mom and working full time, I still get at 5-6 workouts in a week

It is possible!
  • Ws2016
    Ws2016 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Right now my weight is 182 and l have two daughters?? How can l do some exercise from my house??

Stop eating so much. Exercise won't do you any good if you have a calorie surplus. Yes, that means no more food for anxiety.