Not losing weight

Options
kokojani
kokojani Posts: 8 Member
I am in diet for one month and I haven't lost a single kg. :( ths is soo disappointing. What shd i do. I do abs exercise and stretching too. I am very depress. Can anyone tell me any medicine whch will help me to lose

Replies

• MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    You don't need medicine, you need a calorie deficit, and probably a good food scale.

How about you fill out your profile here and stick to the calories given to you for a good period of time?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    open your diary.

what are your stats? do you weigh everything you eat?
  • kokojani
    Options
    My diet.
    Breakfast. Cornflakes or oats or 2 brown bread with egg and tea
    Snack. Apple mostly
    Lunch. Beans. Or vegetables or any protein cooked without oil.
    Snack. Evening tea with sugar free cookie
    Dinner. Rice without starch. Mostly or beans. Or daal.
  • kokojani
    Options
    And i do 4 times a week ab exercise. I had a crawling baby whole day i am running after him. Still my wgt is stuck its not moving for past 6 months from 75
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    kokojani wrote: »
    My diet.
    Breakfast. Cornflakes or oats or 2 brown bread with egg and tea
    Snack. Apple mostly
    Lunch. Beans. Or vegetables or any protein cooked without oil.
    Snack. Evening tea with sugar free cookie
    Dinner. Rice without starch. Mostly or beans. Or daal.

How many calories is that? Do you weigh everything?
  • kokojani
    Options
    Almost 1300 to 1400
  • kokojani
    Options
    I am not losing at all. No matter what i do. Ths is soo disturbing. Any professional can help me. I need to lose it till January
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Almost 1300 to 1400

and for the 3rd time, do you weigh everything?!
  • kokojani
    Options
    Yaa i think soo.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    You aren't sure if you weigh all your food or not?
  • kristikitter
    kristikitter Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Yaa i think soo.

Oh my God.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Yaa i think soo.

you 'think so'.... surely its a yes/no answer?

anyway, you're not losing weight because you're eating too much probably because you're not weighing accurately and over estimating your calorie burns when you exercise.
  • cqbkaju
    cqbkaju Posts: 1,011 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    anyway, you're not losing weight because you're eating too much probably because you're not weighing accurately and over estimating your calorie burns when you exercise.
    ^ This

There is no additional calorie burn because you are not exercising anywhere near hard enough.
    If you have something like "1 - 3 hours of exercise per week" set in MFP then remove that immediately.
    The same goes for housework like doing the dishes and vacuuming the living room or playing with the kids or pets.
    None of that sort of stuff counts as exercise unless you are playing a soccer game or 9 innings of baseball with them.
    That is activity, but not exercise. They are not interchangeable due to the level of intensity.

Properly track everything you eat and get on a real exercise program that includes enough intensity to allow you to add the "1 - 3 hours of exercise per week" back in.
    Do HIIT cardio instead of Steady State cardio; do sprints for 10 minutes instead of jogging on a treadmill for 30 minutes.
    Do your HIIT cardio after you weight train or on days when you are not weight training.
    Do not waste time and energy doing cardio before weight training.

I never hear of people who properly track food intake and are on an effective training program complain about not losing unwanted body fat.**
    That includes people who have had their thyroid removed!
    But for some reason, every third person on MFP seems to think they can ignore basic biology and thermodynamics...

Read "Thinner Leaner Stronger" or go to https://www.muscleforlife.com and start educating yourself about proper exercise and nutrition.
    You can learn a lot on the website and follow the StrongLifts5x5 program, both for free.

I cannot see your food diary so I presume it is no where near accurate and that you are not consistently logging.

**Losing weight should not be your goal or you will lose good stuff -like muscle- as well.
    In fact over half the weight you lose could be lean body mass; the good stuff.
    Losing muscle will also make it easier to gain additional body fat.
    A weight training program helps protect your body from losing muscle and makes burning fat easier.
  • cqbkaju
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I am not losing at all. No matter what i do. Ths is soo disturbing. Any professional can help me. I need to lose it till January
    No one can help you. You must help yourself.

There is no magic pill. You must put in the work if you want results.
    The work is done in both the kitchen and in the gym.

If you are looking for the easy way then you are in the wrong place.
    Doing what was easy is probably what got you here to begin with.
    Seems to me like it is time for you to start doing some work instead of taking it easy.

I do not think anyone here is going to do much more than try to offer you sound advice about exercise and nutrition.

"No matter what i do." is meaningless when you are not doing the right things to begin with.

It is like saying "I cannot swim" even though I have tried drinking all of the water in the pool, holding my breath under water, and picked out a new swimsuit.

None of those things are about learning to swim properly, eh?

I am sorry if this sounds insensitive but asking for a "medicine" in one post (lazy) and a "professional" in another post (I am one...) is rather insulting.
    If you need a medicine then go to your doctor.

That all just sounds like you do not want to to do the work that most of us here are doing every day.

My "professional" advice: Stop making excuses and feeling sorry for yourself.
    Put that that time and energy into learning how to improve your physique and doing the work necessary.

By the way, "till January" is also meaningless.
    You should have goals about where you are and where you want to be, physique wise.

A date is nothing without a goal.
    Giving yourself less than 2 months to reach a date when you do not understand what you need to do in that time is a recipe for disappointment.

Even many "pink dumbbell" programs (which are practically useless, in my opinion) have a 12-week cycle, which means the programs are about 3 months long.

You need to set realistic goals and start thinking long term: 2 years instead of 2 months.

For the record, losing 1 or 2 pounds of fat per week is possible if you are training and eating properly.
    It may be closer to 1.0 - 1.5 lbs on average in the beginning.

But 2 months is 8 weeks, so 16 pounds of fat loss if you do are lucky and do everything correctly, starting this very minute.

You have plenty of information here to reach your long-term goals.

Feel free to reach out with specific questions related to diet and exercise. Good luck.
  • kokojani
    Options
    I asked abt medicine just because i want an extra boast to speed up my metabolism just for a lil time. I am not like will tale medicine and do nothing else. I am not dumb. Some nutrionist out there might help me that where i am wrong
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    The help you are seeking is most certainly not available on this fitnesscentric site@ boost up your metabolism for a short period. Other sites recommend and sell their "Metabolism boosters". I am stating this, due to your insistance on reposting your "metabolism booster," even after cqbkaju has so patiently addressed the matter eloquently.

I would suggest you search on the www for them@boosters sites and maybe even visit realself.com for surgical/medical assistance (as they would need to ascertain if you are psychologically and medically able to receive your desired medications). No member here will recommend you take "otc meds" to increase your metabolism.

ETA: Seek out a medical professional who can examine you for their recommended treatment. If not, slog over your meal planning and crush your workouts.
  • cqbkaju
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I asked abt medicine just because i want an extra boast to speed up my metabolism just for a lil time.
    The only thing you need to do in order to speed up your metabolism is to properly exercise harder and more often.
    The more exercise you get, the bigger the "metabolism boost", generally speaking.

"Metabolism booster" supplements and pills are useless and some are even dangerous.
    You do not need "medicine" unless your doctor says otherwise.
    If you want to waste your money on some gimmick "metabolism booster" from some TV ad or website then you are on your own.
    Taking some pill is not what MFP is about and doing so will not get you fit and healthy.

You simply need to work out harder and eat properly.
    Stop asking people here who are serious about their health and fitness for what amounts to "diet pills".

No "medicine" will help you or is needed unless a real medical doctor says otherwise.
    To repeat: If you really need medicine then a real doctor will write you a real prescription.

You can pay a nutritionist to tell you these same things that we here have told you for free.
    For what it is worth, I am a certified personal trainer and I've been a coach for about 25 years.

If you are not willing to follow a proper diet and exercise plan for as long as it takes then you do not want to be in better health and better shape very badly.

You already established that you have not been getting any real exercise, so things can only get better from now on - if you do the work.

Start by finding a gym -or even a place to jog, if you cannot afford a gym- and understanding what you should eat and how much.
    Use the MFP app and track everything in your diet. If you want help then make sure your log is publicly view-able.
    If you are not even using the app to track your food then why are you asking for advice on the forums for the app?

The links I provided are more than enough to get you started.
  • kokojani
    Options
    Thank u. I am using the app just was out of touch for few days due to travelling. And thanks i will follow what u said. If i go with 1300 calories how much exercise will i need