Diet help

Options
Hey everyone :)
I'm not new to MFP, but I haven't posted before. In 2012 I began my weightloss journey at 240lbs, 5'6" (I'm female). I lost weight and eventually came to maintain at around 145lbs in summer of 2014. Some life drama happened in winter 2015 and I wound up gaining back about 20lbs. In August this year, I got back on the saddle and have lost 25lbs (now I'm 140ish lbs). I do yoga a couple times a week, I play soccer or ball hockey once a week, I run twice a week and I do a body pump class or another strength class 2-3 times a week. I love being active and pushing myself, but I'm struggling a bit with the nutrition. I generally just eat what I want as long as I stay within my calorie goal. Dinner is usually pretty healthy and includes some form of protein, but I'm having trouble incorporating protein in other meals without a protein bar or shake. Can someone take a look at my diary and let me know if you see room for improvement in terms of protein (or other areas where my diet is lacking? I'm still looking to lose about 10 pounds, and then my focus will be on building muscle and body recomp (I will be starting with a personal trainer after Christmas).
Please be nice.. I'm just looking for some advice.
Thanks!!!

Replies

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    If you think you need to incorporate more protein into your diet, here is a good list of a wide variety of foods that contain a good amount of protein: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10232335/list-of-higher-protein-foods/p1

It sounds like you are about at a comfortable weight for your height. Have you looked into a progressive lifting program? I only ask because if you are unhappy with how your body looks and are hoping to eat "healthier" as a way to get the body you want, strength training along with adequate protein intake will be most important in the long run to give you the results that you want.

*edit to eliminate derpy wording