Christmas gifts to motivate you?

Options
So Christmas is a-comin' (it's not too early to discuss Christmas... shhh).

Are any of you using your wishlist to request health or fitness-related gifts? For me, I work for a certain company that makes, among other things, fitness gadgets, so I get a discount (yay!) and thinking I may treat myself. Outside of buying for myself (Lord knows I do THAT a lot already...), I'm using my 'Christmas outfit' to motivate myself. I want to look hot. Lolz.

I believe there may also be a coffee machine winging its way under my tree, so I can have good strong black coffee all the livelong day.

So share - what's Santa bringing you? New fitness watch? Body fat scales? A place in a marathon?

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I am thinking of getting a mini trampoline/rebounder. Over the past month I've had physical therapy and have used one there and like it. Plus it seems like a fun way to get some cardio in and my daughter can use it.

Other than that, I would like a ceiling mounted pullup bar and maybe another barbell.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    I am thinking of getting a mini trampoline/rebounder. Over the past month I've had physical therapy and have used one there and like it. Plus it seems like a fun way to get some cardio in and my daughter can use it.

Other than that, I would like a ceiling mounted pullup bar and maybe another barbell.

Mini trampolines are awesome! Whenever someone mentions getting a treadmill I have to steer them towards trampolines. I store mine against the wall in my tiny 9x10 weight room and it can be pulled out and used anywhere I like.

I'm asking Santa for a mountain bike. I moved to the country this summer and my city bike is not up to the task.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    A bunch of nerdy tshirts. I'm in desperate need for something that doesn't make me look like a kid trying out mom's clothes.
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Hoping santa gets me a set of weights & some more compression pants :D
  • kschwab0203
    kschwab0203 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    My 8 year old son asked me if I could tell Santa to bring him a treadmill and an elliptical machine, lol

Ummm...ok
  • JDixon852019
    JDixon852019 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Everyone that loves me knows I am obsessed with cute workout outfits
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,878 Member
    Options
    My husband and I usually give ourselves a trip somewhere. Not at Christmas because that's his busy season ... but maybe in February.

The only motivational factor will be if it includes a long bicycle ride ... which it probably will. :grin:
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    TV trays, nice oak ones, so I can do crafting at my couch. Work out wise- a little bike pedal thingy that goes under your desk to use at work.
  • Ocrgrrrl
    Ocrgrrrl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I asked Santa for this...

b95rsuo5zosd.jpg

This. The need this!!!
  • Intentional_Me
    Intentional_Me Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    A trip to a waterpark for the kiddos is enough motivation for me to stay on track ;)
  • mgeshwilm
    mgeshwilm Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My wishlist is a standing desk or possibly a treadmill desk, but I have to get it for myself, so it may be a while. Maybe if I put some money away for every pound I lose or every day I am under budget calorie wise? ?? ?
  • everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I'm buying myself a FitBit and probably some more cute workout clothes...because you can never have enough cute workout clothes.
  • LillysMomma09
    LillysMomma09 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I asked Santa for a Fitbit. :smile:
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    My husband paid my entrance to the Banff Marathon and got me an Olympic bar to run 5x5 on my marathon cross training days "for Christmas" (read: for right meow)
  • kristikitter
    kristikitter Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    ^ heee, right meow. I always want things right meow.
  • courtneylykins5
    courtneylykins5 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    A cooling pad for my laptop. It will help extend the life of my beloved dinosaur while I continue using it for fitness videos. And everyone knows I like new gym clothes. There's something so motivating about being dressed for the activity at hand.