High fat

Options
I'm hitting all of my target goals, well under on almost everything... except fat. What are your comments/concerns on this. Should I focus more on staying under my fat goal or do you think it's okay to be a little bit over while everything else is okay?

Replies

• 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Your good. The macro guide is just that a guide.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Fat is good - when it comes to fat, I would actually say the more the better - as long as it isn't trans fat, or at the expense of other nutrients, or making you exceed your calorie allowance.
  • barni71
    barni71 Posts: 30 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I'm almost always over my fat goal.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Certain fats are good so don't stress it unless it is making you go over your total calorie goal.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    Higher fat makes me feel fuller and in turn makes it easier to maintain a deficit. I think you're good.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    Yum, tasty tasty fat. :)

I don't worry about it and so far am fine.

Unless your doctor is asking you to restrict fat for some supportable reason I wouldn't be overly concerned about this.
  • Dano74
    Dano74 Posts: 503 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Keep in mind that fat is a bit over two times more calorie dense than carbs and protein, and as such, informs your calorie goals. So while you may be under in hitting carb and protein goals, a fat overage of just 9 grams could be stretching you beyond your calorie goal by almost 100.

That said, the fat may just equal out what you're short on in carbs/proteins via overall calories if you're into manipulating your numbers like that.

Yay maths.
  • HeyAutum
    HeyAutum Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hmm okay. Thank you everyone. The fat that I've been getting in my diet recently is from nuts and coconut oil mostly. I think I'll keep doing what I'm doing and see where it takes me :)
  • ronjsteele1
    ronjsteele1 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I eat a macro of 40-50% fat per day. I lose well on that and am satiated with it. Sounds like you're using good sources as well.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Hmm okay. Thank you everyone. The fat that I've been getting in my diet recently is from nuts and coconut oil mostly. I think I'll keep doing what I'm doing and see where it takes me :)

I would want to advice that you aim for a varied diet too - let your fat sources be from lots of different foods - unless you are a vegan, eat meat, fish, eggs, dairy, nuts and seeds, butter and oils. We need a wide range of nutrients, and different foods provide different nutrients in different amounts. And less chance of getting bored. What do we do when we get bored with what we eat? I don't know about you, but I tend to eat all the foods - and not necessarily based on rational decisions.