Serious Mass

Options
Hey is there anyone out there who uses serious mass? Have you had any problems since taking it? I wanted to purchase some but I read that it isn't good for you . . . So now I'm kind of hesitant.

Replies

• TimGrifter
    TimGrifter Posts: 3 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I use serious mass (male).

I use 1 scoop instead of the 2 mentioned in a shake.

You have to time when you take it or you will just add fat due to the maltodextrin in it.

By timing, I mean only use it right before the workout or a few hours after. You must also strength train your muscles hard or it will become fat as well. The entire point of the maltodextrin is to replenish your muscles glycogen stores.

I dont recommend females aiming to become skinny to use it btw.

I am also dropping it once I run out of this bag I have of it. TBH, it makes more sense to just have 2 cups of oats in my shake instead of the serious mass.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    TimGrifter wrote: »
    I use serious mass (male).

I use 1 scoop instead of the 2 mentioned in a shake.

You have to time when you take it or you will just add fat due to the maltodextrin in it.

By timing, I mean only use it right before the workout or a few hours after. You must also strength train your muscles hard or it will become fat as well. The entire point of the maltodextrin is to replenish your muscles glycogen stores.

I dont recommend females aiming to become skinny to use it btw.

I am also dropping it once I run out of this bag I have of it. TBH, it makes more sense to just have 2 cups of oats in my shake instead of the serious mass.

The timing of nutrients have been significantly overplayed by the fitness community for a long time. The fact is, unless on a ketogenic diet, a normal person will not deplete glycogens stores, expecially considering a normal person can store 300 to 400g at any given time. The secondary though ia that carbs + luecine (protein) can help stimulate protein synthesis but if you are training that would occur over a 36 hour period which will give you time to build muscle anyways. So there really isnt a reason to timing nutrients unless you are fairly advanced and all other things like calories, macronutrients, micronutrients and training requirements have been addressed first.

OP, i would rather create my own shakes or foods. I have heard several people have stomach cramping issues with this..

I like recipes from www.theproteinchef.co
  • joncooper1980
    joncooper1980 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Agree with the above. I'd avoid buying "mass gainers" full of maltodextrin. Just create your own shakes using Bananas, milk, yogurt and Nutella.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »

:laugh: :laugh:

that thread was brilliant, shame OP never came back!!!!
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Unless you are not planning on eating much else, I'd imagine that a 1000 calorie shake will put you in a huge surplus. There is no magic in it, it's just high calorie food
  • mocha204
    mocha204 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for replying I really appreciate it!