What's another word for squats

Options
I tried to add my squats into fitness pal but they don't have squats and that I needed to know how many calories I burn I looked it up and they say whatever your weight is times it by 0.96 and what it equals this how much you burn a minute but I guess my question is do I have to just create my own or is there another word that fitness pal goes by for squats??

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Calisthenics will cover any body weight exercises, or if you're using weights, use strength training.

you're not missing many calories by not logging it though!
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    They are included by definition in Calisthenics, which is a pre-loaded exercise under Cardiovascular in MFP.

I doubt body-weight squats would burn 0.096 times your weight in pounds. In order to get close to that high of a burn rate, you would have to be running at least 7.5 mph (8 minute mile) or faster.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calisthenics
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I tried to add my squats into fitness pal but they don't have squats and that I needed to know how many calories I burn I looked it up and they say whatever your weight is times it by 0.96 and what it equals this how much you burn a minute but I guess my question is do I have to just create my own or is there another word that fitness pal goes by for squats??

Who is "they"? They sound like they have no idea what they are talking about. There is no way you are burning .96 of your body weight while doing squats. I always try to underestimate the calories I burn as I'd rather lose more weight than less. I use gym goal to track my workouts though and then enter them into mfp afterwards.