Juice/Veggie Detox?

Options
Has anyone done this and do you have any tips? I heard about it on some infomercial and was wondering if this can be done with your own juice/veggies. I have read on numerous websites that it actually has health benefits.

Replies

• funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    No. No, no, no. Pardon my French, but detox diets are a bunch of bullsh*t. You have the most effective detoxification system in your body already. It's called your liver. If there's any chance of "toxins" in your body, the liver (and kidneys) will take care of them. It's not healthy no matter what the weight loss industry says. It's common sense; don't do try living on just juice or vegetables for any length of time.
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    No. No, no, no. Pardon my French, but detox diets are a bunch of bullsh*t. You have the most effective detoxification system in your body already. It's called your liver. If there's any chance of "toxins" in your body, the liver (and kidneys) will take care of them. It's not healthy no matter what the weight loss industry says. It's common sense; don't do try living on just juice or vegetables for any length of time.

I back you 100% on this, I don't understand why people would actually do this, anything you lose, would be water weight, and you will gain it right back. As far as health benefits goes, how can only subjecting yourself to a few foods over a period of days be of any good to your system? I don't get the hype over these stupid detoxes
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    I agree with the above posts. Also, detoxification can have some serious effects on your body, such as profuse sweating, etc. I am not sure its a good idea..
  • Goldenera
    Goldenera Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Juicing does wonders to improve your digestive health but you should not be doing it to lose weight. I make a veggie juice a few times a week and drink it on an empty stomach an hour before I eat breakfast. My skin is now next to perfect (totally even and the tiny bumps on my forehead have dissappeared) and my sugar cravings are much easier to manage throughout the day until I get home from work. Our bodies actually heal faster when we give it a break from constantly munching on stuff but you have to do your research. I would stay away from the detox kits and do things the natural way with vegetable juices. You need to have a good juicer like an Omega, Green Star or Champion. One book I have that I find really useful is by Cherie Calbom (Juicing, Fasting and Detoxing for Life).
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    I just finished a book called clean by alejandro junger (sp?)
    It's sort of a modified juice fast....1 meal per day, 2 snacks and 2 juices/shakes
  • AutumnNicolette
    Options
    Juicing does wonders to improve your digestive health but you should not be doing it to lose weight. I make a veggie juice a few times a week and drink it on an empty stomach an hour before I eat breakfast. My skin is now next to perfect (totally even and the tiny bumps on my forehead have dissappeared) and my sugar cravings are much easier to manage throughout the day until I get home from work. Our bodies actually heal faster when we give it a break from constantly munching on stuff but you have to do your research. I would stay away from the detox kits and do things the natural way with vegetable juices. You need to have a good juicer like an Omega, Green Star or Champion. One book I have that I find really useful is by Cherie Calbom (Juicing, Fasting and Detoxing for Life).

What type of juice are you drinking that helped with your skin? I have an issue with my skin and I'd really like to see if something like that would work
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!