High School Reunion Questions

Options
DeficitDuchess
DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
edited November 2016 in Chit-Chat
My 20th high school reunion, isn't for 2 1/2 years but it's already being discussed among my classmates; on Facebook! I didn't inquire previously concerning another, if I was able to go because I just assumed that since I had to leave in the 1st Semester of my Senior year, due to my health; that I wasn't allowed to because I didn't graduate then! I eventually went back to school online, to earn my diploma; through another high school but someone that asked why I hadn't, attended others; told me that I should attend anyway!

Obviously I know that I have to ask, the organizer (a classmate); to know for sure but I am seeking opinions of others 1st, as to what you believe's appropriate & also what about bringing a SO (I am currently single but who knows then?)?

Replies

• DeficitDuchess
    Options
    @Cutaway_Collar if anyone here, knows about etiquette; it'd be you!
  • Geeky_and_Cheeky
    Geeky_and_Cheeky Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    My graduating class had a 50% drop out rate & everyone is welcome for our 10th year reunion in 2017. Even other graduating classes. So I wouldn't see an issue at all
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options
    My graduating class had a 50% drop out rate & everyone is welcome for our 10th year reunion in 2017. Even other graduating classes. So I wouldn't see an issue at all

This is excellent news, thank you; for responding!
  • DeficitDuchess
    edited November 2016
    Options
    @DeficitDuchess

You should message the organizer and let the person know you want to come.

And yes, it is customary to bring your spouses to alma mater re-unions unless it is specified.

Go and rock. People who exit school become frumpy fuddy duddies. Here's an opportunity to shine and show them how to do it.

Much obliged, thank you!
  • JukeboxHeroine
    JukeboxHeroine Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I'm sure the other classmates would be happy to see you and catch up.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    Go. You went to the school
    And take a spouse. Or a random Hottie and show them off
  • synchkat
    Options
    Although it's not a ton of fun for the spouse. I've been in that position. but at least they're someone to talk to if your former schoolmates are now boring
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I missed 20 but by the time 30 came along nobody recognized anybody anyway so it was all good and dorky.

I was with my dad when he walked in to his 50 and they were surprised to see him alive.
  • dkabambe
    dkabambe Posts: 544 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    On the other side, I was so glad I met up with someone at a reunion who left before school finished (she moved away). I never thought I'd see her again and literally made my year, (a while ago - was a 10yr reunion if that makes a difference).
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I married my HS sweetheart, so even tho' she was a year behind me, she goes to all our reunions & knows most of the people. And, most know her. Small town. Only 81 in our class. Last one was my 50th. Everybody got old and fat! 'Cept us. :-)
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options
    I'm sure the other classmates would be happy to see you and catch up.

I know 1'd, since I see him; a few times a year & he was the 1, whom told me; that I should attend!
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    Go. You went to the school
    And take a spouse. Or a random Hottie and show them off

I'd definitely try to!
    synchkat wrote: »
    Although it's not a ton of fun for the spouse. I've been in that position. but at least they're someone to talk to if your former schoolmates are now boring

Actually I'd possibly be the bore, since I haven't accomplished much; in life! Therefore I'd hope, to have a SO by then; so that I have someone to talk with! I'd still attend, even if I don't though!
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options
    I missed 20 but by the time 30 came along nobody recognized anybody anyway so it was all good and dorky.

I was with my dad when he walked in to his 50 and they were surprised to see him alive.

I don't know how many, they've had; since their most recent 1 was 15! From the pictures that I've seen, from the previous 1, I didn't recognize many; of them! I wasn't popular, so most wouldn't remember me anyway but I suspect anyone that'll recognize me'll be because I still look the same, well currently; 17 pounds extra! I guess if I achieve my goal weight, I might not be recognizable because my face, won't be as round then!

I am actually shocked, that I am the 1 whom hadn't died 1st; since I'm unhealthy!
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options
    dkabambe wrote: »
    On the other side, I was so glad I met up with someone at a reunion who left before school finished (she moved away). I never thought I'd see her again and literally made my year, (a while ago - was a 10yr reunion if that makes a difference).

This' refreshing, to know! I miss some of, my classmates & whom knows, possibly someone; misses me!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    My 20th high school reunion, isn't for 2 1/2 years but it's already being discussed among my classmates; on Facebook! I didn't inquire previously concerning another, if I was able to go because I just assumed that since I had to leave in the 1st Semester of my Senior year, due to my health; that I wasn't allowed to because I didn't graduate then! I eventually went back to school online, to earn my diploma; through another high school but someone that asked why I hadn't, attended others; told me that I should attend anyway!

Obviously I know that I have to ask, the organizer (a classmate); to know for sure but I am seeking opinions of others 1st, as to what you believe's appropriate & also what about bringing a SO (I am currently single but who knows then?)?

My high school class has not had an official reunion ever that I know of. My college class has and they welcomed anyone to attend.
    I don't think it matters that you left before graduating. Do you want to see these people? If so, go. You are apparently in contact with at least some of them.
    People commonly bring spouses or SO to reunions... sometimes kids too depending on the nature of the event.
  • pageohana6
    pageohana6 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I dropped out half way through my senior year due to excessive ditching the previous years. Got my GED right away though. I have been invited to all my reunions. First thought I wouldn't because I dropped out, guess I was wrong. If you wanna go, go. I doubt anyone will have a problem with it. Enjoy life, don't let anything/anyone hold you back.
  • synchkat
    Options
    My highschool had a big all class reunion for an anniversary and I lost weird and skipped it cause I was busy. Then a friend organized a semi class reunion when she was in town and I skipped it.

I realized I didn't like them then and after being Facebook friends I still didn't like these people and the only way I could tolerate them is to drink and I'd have to drive so I'm not a reunion kinda gal.

But I do remember going to some anniversary/reunion at my dad's school and thst was the coolest thing ever
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
    Options
    Sure you should go! A Reunion is just that, to reunite with past acquaintances!
    I'm sure your friends would love to know "what ever happened to that girl?"

I just attend my 50th HS Reunion. Class of '66! I had attended only one other, the 20th. It was great seeing my football teammates AND I got a hug from a girl I had a crush on in HS! LoL

They did not now that four years ago I was double my HS weight (376!). I'm now 50 pounds heavier than my HS weight but I was NOT the biggest guy there. I enjoyed it and my DW had a good time too. And she went to a different HS.
  • DeficitDuchess
    edited November 2016
    Options
    @Cutaway_Collar I sent you, a message!
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options
    @Cutaway_Collar I know, I wasn't certain; if it was restored!