UPDATE: On my first PT session....

Options
So I had my first PT session today and I really enjoyed it. We talked about what my goals were, them being 1) to gain knowledge and confidence when using the weights 2) burn fat....

He explained all the variety of exercises we would be doing, he'd make me a programme specifically for my needs, said we can discuss nutrition if I wanted (I told him yesterday I didn't want to discuss nutrition), he would take my measurements etc and advise on my calorie intake - I didn't know what to expect but I did enjoy it which I thought must be a good sign.

I explained that I do have some knowledge of weights and have watched numerous videos on form and have read numerous articles on weight/strength training but I just wanted more than anything to gain confidence so I am able to go it alone in the future (i.e. due to cost).

I've started off with 2x sessions per week (my choice due to budget) as I explained I still enjoy some of my classes, he said this was OK. Explained that I won't always be able to do 2x sessions per week and it might be that after a month or two I would reduce it to 1x session a week, again he was 100% fine, wasn't trying to get me to do more than I needed or anything, he said he has lots of clients where each of their flexibility varies....

We did some squats as I asked to do them where I was squatting with 30kg, something I have never done before so I think I'm actually stronger than what I think I am and I really do think these sessions will help me gain the confidence I need to go it alone, he said my form on squats was perfect and he didn't expect me to squat as good as I did, which I think was good!

The sessions are £200 for 8x 30 mins (30mins is all I can do as I can only get to the gym in my lunch hour) and then when I do reduce the sessions to 1x per week it will be £120 per month or for 4x 30 minutes sessions.

I obviously cant do this long term as I have a family and it is a costly thing but its something I've wanted to do for ages....

Kel