Options
2»

Replies

• Smaya29
    Smaya29 Posts: 106 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Simmalina wrote: »

Are you under doctor supervision for this? You are severely undereating. On 5:2 you are supposed to eat your maintenance calories not 1000-1200.

Just saw your edit. You are way too light to be losing 4 lbs a week and averaging 850-1000 overall a day.

Most of it was my water weight. And no I'm not starving myself at all, that's why I mentioned that I go over my daily limit some days, that could be anywhere from 1500-2500 cals. I just make sure I'm getting the proper nutrition and my calories are not too low at the end of the week. I'm not working out currently and my lifestyle is mostly sedentary. I just go for a walk 3-4 times a week for 45-60 minutes.
    I have been feeling quite sluggish before I started this, always felt like a zombie, tired and sleepy, now I feel more energetic.

Ok, 1500-2500 is way different from 1000-1200. Maybe aim for 1500 on your non fasting days?[/quote]

It's hard for me to eat that much on all non fasting days. That's why I am trying to go by the week. If I'm too low, I would treat myself with big yummy meals. I know some people are so good at meeting their daily calorie goals. It's just a little hard for me. A while back I lost 17 lbs the same way. Weekly calorie count is a little easier for me to stick to :)

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options

Are you under doctor supervision for this? You are severely undereating. On 5:2 you are supposed to eat your maintenance calories not 1000-1200.

Just saw your edit. You are way too light to be losing 4 lbs a week and averaging 850-1000 overall a day.

Most of it was my water weight. And no I'm not starving myself at all, that's why I mentioned that I go over my daily limit some days, that could be anywhere from 1500-2500 cals. I just make sure I'm getting the proper nutrition and my calories are not too low at the end of the week. I'm not working out currently and my lifestyle is mostly sedentary. I just go for a walk 3-4 times a week for 45-60 minutes.
    I have been feeling quite sluggish before I started this, always felt like a zombie, tired and sleepy, now I feel more energetic.

Ok, 1500-2500 is way different from 1000-1200. Maybe aim for 1500 on your non fasting days?

It's hard for me to eat that much on all non fasting days. That's why I am trying to go by the week. If I'm too low, I would treat myself with big yummy meals. I know some people are so good at meeting their daily calorie goals. It's just a little hard for me. A while back I lost 17 lbs the same way. Weekly calorie count is a little easier for me to stick to :)

[/quote]

Cool. Weekly tracking works too
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    NO "diet!" In order to lose weight - and keep it off, I have determined that I have to just change the way I eat - not for today, not for a year - forever. I also have to exercise - if only for my continued mobility.

So, logging everything - eating mostly good stuff - with the occasional slice of pizza or taco - within my calorie goals. Not losing fast - but losing steady. And since I am not doing anything that I plan on NOT doing for the rest of my life - I have no worries about keeping the weight off.

No deprivation - just a little self control. Nothing "forbidden" so long as it fits in my calorie goals. Lots of veggies, fiber and protein. Some regular exercise.

NOT a "diet." Just a new way of living.
  • SnazzIT
    SnazzIT Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Fast:five is my WOL :)
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    No special diet for me. I would not stick with it. I eat more protein, fruits, and veggies than I used to. I have macro goals, but if they aren't perfect I don't let it bother me. I just focus on eating within a few hundred of my calorie goal and sticking with my weightlifting program. I try to walk as much as possible, but if I only make it out a couple days, that's fine. I've lost 26 pounds in a little under two months, so apparently my relaxed attitude is working wonders for me.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!