The new girl

Options
Hi im lookin for tips on weight gain if anyone can help me. Im a very slim person i dont eat alot perhaps one meal a day with a few snacks, smoke alot

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Quit smoking and eat more? Try to eat more calorie dense foods so that you won't physically feel so full.
  • ai2ha
    ai2ha Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you for ur advice i will giv it a go as im very determind to gain weight and see a few changers before the years out,
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Nicotine is an appetite suppression so although you don't NEED to quit smoking, it may increase your appetite.
  • Baddogbeanie
    Baddogbeanie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Try switching to vaping and decrease the amount of nicotine until you have quit. My GF smoked heavy for 30 years and it worked for her, she also has trouble gaing weight and once the smoking ceased the weight appeared, concurrently she started working out to keep the weight healthy and that increased her appetite.. In only a short 3 months the difference is very recognizable. (not sure vaping is healthier but it worked)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Quit smoking and eat more? Try to eat more calorie dense foods so that you won't physically feel so full.

QFT
  • ai2ha
    Options
    Thank you guys, todays bin a challange havent smoked as much as i normally would and have ate more than normal aswell so im hoping i can keep this up
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    quit smoking
    eat more food = 250 daily calorie surplus
    eat calorie dense foods
    find some form of exercise with progressive overload built in, so that all your gains are not fat..
  • ai2ha
    Options
    Aww thank you, im goin to stop smokin asap monday id say fresh week, says on here im to consume 2400 calories a day today iv gone over by 108 i think it was is that a gud or bad thing and i havent exercised just walked..... help..!
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    ai2ha wrote: »
    Aww thank you, im goin to stop smokin asap monday id say fresh week, says on here im to consume 2400 calories a day today iv gone over by 108 i think it was is that a gud or bad thing and i havent exercised just walked..... help..!

It's a good thing,if you're trying to gain!
    Stopping smoking will increase your appetite- at least it did mine when I stopped. You could try vaping instead,as suggested above,but I found it still suppressed my appetite and there's no evidence that I'm aware of that it's any safer.
  • kellysd15
    kellysd15 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've always had trouble gaining weigh & even after quitting smoking I didn't gain anything and I quit 4 years ago. If you don't replace smoking for eating and you're eating the right amount of calories you should have no problem putting on weight. I on the other hand smoked instead of eating so I gained nothing then & I still don't eat enough now. Quitting is good for you, but it's not going to make a difference in your weight if you're not eating more. Good luck!
  • ai2ha
    Options
    Thank you for the advice kelly im finding it hard to quit as wen im stressed the first thing i want is to smoke ino i need to reverse it all and replace with food, im trying new foods that are high in calories aswell an also trying to destress and blow out *kitten* as part of my lifestyle x
  • ai2ha
    Options
    Thank you also comptonelizabeth ino its somthing i really need to do for me to see any change and improvement with my weight x
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • ai2ha
    Options
    Thank you xx
  • letsgain01
    letsgain01 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    ai2ha wrote: »
    I like going over personally bc a lot of people trying to gain weight overestimate the amount of food. I'm not about to literally weigh my meals so it feels better when the calories are over