• canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    (which, really, I know I will)

:):)

• janetennet
    janetennet Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Wow! Your replies have been amazing... THANK YOU!

The gym is usually unstaffed, and not very busy. I don't understand how seeing 3 or 4 people inside, through the windows, can freak me out so much. I told my daughter today that I would love if she would come with me. She said she really doesn't have the $ for a membership, and that it totally isn't her thing, but that her boyfriend or one of her friends that already go there would very likely join me.

I'm going to go tomorrow. My 11 yr old has gymnastics from 5:30-8:30 and I live out of town so I usually just sit around waiting for her. I can take 30 min of that time and get through this. I just want the confidence I once had.

I will be sure to check in tomorrow night and let you know if I survived (which, really, I know I will)

You can do this! Small steps.
    Please let us know how you're doing and if you need any other encouragement or advice.

• PennWalker
    PennWalker Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Checking back to see how your day went. Let us know. We're all rooting for you. I'm sure once you start exercising there you will really enjoy it.
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    That's a fantastic start! Keep it up!
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    Well done for going and staying
  • PennWalker
    PennWalker Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I *did*, however, do 20 min on the elliptical at the gym before my hair appt today :wink: AND I survived. Terrified walking in, but lived to tell about it.

Good for you! That's an accomplishment. I hope you enjoy many more sessions.

• GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Well done for your 20 minutes.