Gaining fat

Options
How easy is it to gain noticible fat? Can it happen in days, weeks, or does it take months?

Replies

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    It depends a lot upon the activity level and hormonal balance of the individual, but for the most part, days. However thay does require a pretty excessive surplus.
  • hzl22
    hzl22 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I think it takes the same amount as losing except most people enjoy eating more than dieting hence why people feel it's faster.( 3500 calories surplus to gain 1lb, 3500 calories to lose). How fast can you eat?
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    For noticeable fat gain I would say weeks but you can gain it daily. It all comes down to your calorie surplus.
  • kristikitter
    kristikitter Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Purely anecdotally, I have noticed that a particular dress will be suddenly uncomfortable one week when it wasn't the previous week. Mainly on weeks where I've eaten a lot of high-fat/sugar foods, and drunk a lot of soda.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Purely anecdotally, I have noticed that a particular dress will be suddenly uncomfortable one week when it wasn't the previous week. Mainly on weeks where I've eaten a lot of high-fat/sugar foods, and drunk a lot of soda.

That is water retention or bloating not fat.