Ugh! Holidays... eating & drinking

I am going to my in-laws for Thanksgiving. Past years, I do the grazing thing, plus us women stand around chatting and drinking wine.

What do you do during the holidays that works?

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Thanksgiving is one day...Christmas is one day...they're pretty irrelevant to the bigger picture...
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    As cwolfman13 said, Thanksgiving Day itself is just one day.

But also, if I am going to graze as I visit, I graze from the veggie tray. And I just drink water or iced tea.
  • tesha_chandler
    tesha_chandler Posts: 378 Member
    I eat very lightly the day before and after thanksgiving.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    Work all morning then eat all the food that evening. Not worry about my deficit for the day (not that I'll go over a ton). Then Friday it's back to the grind.
  • leejoyce31
    leejoyce31 Posts: 794 Member
    I'm planning on eating at my normal deficit for both Thanksgiving and Xmas. Maybe next year...... :)
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    pienbee wrote: »
    I am going to my in-laws for Thanksgiving. Past years, I do the grazing thing, plus us women stand around chatting and drinking wine.

What do you do during the holidays that works?

Let yourself enjoy it. Live your life. And then get back to your routine diet and workout regimen the next day.

Personally, I planned my rest day for Thanksgiving on purpose. Get in the gym, go hard the entire rest of the week - use those extra calories to make for extra gains and attempt to up some PR's that weekend.

I used to watch my calories on Thanksgiving and always end up going over and feeling terribly guilty. Now, I realize it's for family. One day isn't gonna screw it all up. Although, I'll probably still skip dessert. LOL
  • LillysMomma09
    LillysMomma09 Posts: 272 Member
    I end up having two thanksgivings and three Christmas dinners.. but you know what?? They are the holidays! My goal is to maintain during the holidays and not stress about losing. I will bike before I got out for these glorious meals with my family and I will enjoy myself. If I end up gaining 2 pounds or so, it's not the end of the world, those will come off just like they came off before.

Think moderation, exercise and Enjoy the holidays!
  • leejoyce31
    leejoyce31 Posts: 794 Member
    I end up having two thanksgivings and three Christmas dinners.. but you know what?? They are the holidays! My goal is to maintain during the holidays and not stress about losing. I will bike before I got out for these glorious meals with my family and I will enjoy myself. If I end up gaining 2 pounds or so, it's not the end of the world, those will come off just like they came off before.

Think moderation, exercise and Enjoy the holidays!

That's encouraging! :)
  • pienbee
    pienbee Posts: 4 Member
    You all have been so helpful! I decided to take a day off from the calories tracking.

As your posts mentioned, it is only one day and the holidays are definitely worth celebrating.