Too much calories, fat, etc?

Options
I am just currently starting to track how many calories and everything else so I'm still learning can anyone tell if their is "too much" amounts of calories. I lift 5 tines a week with a little bit of cardiac I am currently trying to take in 150 grams of protein 2610 calories 300 carbs and 100 fat are these numbers good or too much little of anything? I only weigh 121 lbs

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    At 121 pounds the protein is probably overkill, but won't do you any harm. Being so light and having your calorie goal, you kinda have "free reign" to eat however keeps you satisfied. I would aim for 125 grams of protein (500 cals) and 50 grams of fats (450 calories). Keep the carbs the same at 1200 calories and use the other 500 remaining calories on whatever you want. Look at the previous numbers as minimums. I also wouldn't be all that strict on them either. Just get generally close.

That being said, this is assuming that 2610 is the right balance of energy for your goals.
  • Pot8540
    Pot8540 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Honestly I have no clue on all that. I had an online trainer change my calorie and nutrient settings for me I'm 102lbs and a girl soo probably a different algorithm all together. But I'm curious, how do you even accomplish that kind of intake?
  • l1nc420
    l1nc420 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Pot8540 wrote: »
    Honestly I have no clue on all that. I had an online trainer change my calorie and nutrient settings for me I'm 102lbs and a girl soo probably a different algorithm all together. But I'm curious, how do you even accomplish that kind of intake?

its by far one of the hardest challenges ive ever had im doint pretty good at it sofar though
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I maintain on 4k calories. 2600 is a breeze :)
  • l1nc420
    l1nc420 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »

How about sodium I always intake way over the goal that the app gave me
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    l1nc420 wrote: »
    Hornsby wrote: »

How about sodium I always intake way over the goal that the app gave me

Sodium is only a concern if you have hypertension. I regually hit 4or 5k mg.