This is Us TV show

Options
Francl27
Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
edited November 2016 in Chit-Chat
Can anyone else totally relate to the characters in there?

Replies

• JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    I fricking LOVE that show! I PVR it so I can watch it myself every Wednesday morning, and CRY!!! I relate...probably to at least the mom, or even the daughter growing up.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    I still haven't seen it but heard good things. What time does it come on?
  • JustMissTracy
    Options
    km8907 wrote: »

I'm in Ontario Canada, here it's on Tuesday nites at 9.
  • Francl27
    Options
    km8907 wrote: »

You can see it on Demand to catch up probably, or on NBC's website.
  • JustMissTracy
    Options
    Put it this way: If you're the type that doesn't like to get the Feelz...don't watch it. I cried three times first episode. Second episode wasn't so bad, then BANG, they hit me in the heart again!! (I cry easily tho, Christmas commercials, birthday cards, happy books, sweet songs, you get the pic!)
  • Grey_1
    Grey_1 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    The last one had me laughing, but yes, the producers are masters at getting those "moments" in there. It's something different, that isn't obnoxious as all heck.
  • JustMissTracy
    Options
    Grey_1 wrote: »
    The last one had me laughing, but yes, the producers are masters at getting those "moments" in there. It's something different, that isn't obnoxious as all heck.

Exactly...little swearing, no boobs, drugs at a minimum!! (I laffed my FACE off when they were sitting on the couch eating brownies and got busted by the little girl..."Those are adult brownies!!!"
  • Grey_1
    Options
    The brownies killed me lol. What a cast of characters, every single one is perfect for the part.
  • JustMissTracy
    Options
    Grey_1 wrote: »
    The brownies killed me lol. What a cast of characters, every single one is perfect for the part.

Agreed..this quickly became my new fave series, even before the first episode. The story line is too soft for my old guy, so I PVR it and watch alone each week :)
  • Grey_1
    Options
    My much better half watches it with me, and points and laugh while I sit there trying be all manly :D

Hey, what can I say? It has the feelz lol
  • Francl27
    Options
    Can't we all relate to Kate though? I want to yell at the screen that she doesn't have to be miserable and eat bland food to lose weight, and at her boyfriend that he's not taking a 'diet break' but on track to regain all the weight (did you see that dessert? At least 1500 calories in there!).
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Kate actually annoys me for some reason
  • Grey_1
    Options
    Kevin gets on my last nerve. I really needed for Randall to rattle his cage for him, and he didn't.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    See I can kind of relate to kevin with the being an invisible child so now crazing attention
  • Grey_1
    Options
    Ah ok, I won't mention it again then ;):)
  • JustMissTracy
    Options
    I can kind of relate to Randall in a way...I was separated from my siblings when I was 4 years old and always felt left out/alone/different. And because my family was broken, back in that day people treated you very differently.
  • Grey_1
    Options
    I can kind of relate to Randall in a way...I was separated from my siblings when I was 4 years old and always felt left out/alone/different. And because my family was broken, back in that day people treated you very differently.

Back in that day, they did for sure. I've never met my biological ....*ahem* father...and I use that term loosely, so that whole bit hit home for me too.
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I can't really relate, but I love the show. It is an excellent replacement for Parenthood.
  • Francl27
    Options
    I can't really relate, but I love the show. It is an excellent replacement for Parenthood.

Still miss Parenthood.
  • DanZiehm
    DanZiehm Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    My wife and I absolutely love that show. We DVR it and watch it later in the week. I'm usually the one telling her I want to sit down and watch it. I can definitely relate to Kate and her boyfriend. I think Kevin will grow as a character and will eventually come around. Randall is a stressed out ball of nerves. I'm waiting to see what happens to the Dad...