Lost in my head

Options
Its been a rough week, my boyfriend and I broke up, im still not even sure why. So ive taken to eating my feelings. Ive gone to the gym a few times but it's mostly just going through the motions. Some days are better than others but today is the worst, its only 830 am and ive already eaten 3/4 of my alotted calories for the day. Which of course just makes for loops and cycles from feeling bad to eating more feeling bad to eating more. Deep down I know I can't eat my feelings away but I think with no real closure as to why it ended.....it just leaves a big hole that im trying to fill.

Anyhow, if anyone has any tips or advice to break out of this mind set it would be so much appreciated

Replies

• AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Might not be the healthiest advice but I'd suggest rolling with it. If you need to eat your feelings do it. For a week or two. Breakups are tough, process it, mourn it and try to accept that it's over. After a few days or a week clear out anything that reminds you of him and then slowly start getting back to you. Keep going to the gym if you can, even just "going through the motions" will lessen any weight gain and maybe it'll serve as a good distraction. Maybe you can learn to work off your feelings instead of eating them. Don't beat yourself up too much if you fall off track for a little bit just make sure you get back at it! Don't let a week turn into a month or more. I'm sorry you're hurting right now, it will get better.
  • everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Just stop.

Eating isn't going to make you feel better and you know it's not. It's only going to make you feel worse. Breathe, shake it off, and get back on track.

As for the breakup, I'm sorry. We've all been there. But a bit of advice - the whys and the hows don't matter. I don't know if there ever really is a good solid reason as to why two people who care about each other break up. Just try to accept that it's over, that you'll be fine, and in time you'll meet someone else that you'll be happier with.
  • HelenaChang
    HelenaChang Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Go out and make new friends! Volunteer, go hiking, cycling with a group. Lots of places to make a fresh start. You will slowly feel better. You are not alone and I am cheering for you! Take care of yourself.