o03otvpxzk1o.jpg
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Milky Way over the Grand Canyon

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    A soccer ball originally packed onto space shuttle Challenger in 1986 is now orbiting the Earth on board the International Space Station, 31 years later.

cjpwsaiogqxf.jpg
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Just a random thought after watching some Star Trek last night....There is no atmosphere is space, so sound pressure and waves do not exist. There is no oxygen or other flammable gasses as such. Therefore, there are no explosions in space like in movies. Or any sound that would be made for anything.

anigif_enhanced-12669-1395772365-1.gif
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,952 Member
    Options
  • Timshel_
    Options
    FFS.

dumb1.gif

• taco_inspector
    taco_inspector Posts: 7,223 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    FFS.

dumb1.gif

Good to see that kids are still playing with Newtons first law of motion:
    An object at rest will remain at rest unless acted on by an unbalanced force. An object in motion continues in motion with the same speed and in the same direction unless acted upon by an unbalanced force. This law is often called. "the law of inertia".An object at rest will remain at rest unless acted on by an unbalanced force. An object in motion continues in motion with the same speed and in the same direction unless acted upon by an unbalanced force. This law is often called. "the law of inertia".
    Yeah, someone in that image is 'unbalanced' alright!
  • Timshel_
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    FFS.

dumb1.gif

Good to see that kids are still playing with Newtons first law of motion:
    An object at rest will remain at rest unless acted on by an unbalanced force. An object in motion continues in motion with the same speed and in the same direction unless acted upon by an unbalanced force. This law is often called. "the law of inertia".An object at rest will remain at rest unless acted on by an unbalanced force. An object in motion continues in motion with the same speed and in the same direction unless acted upon by an unbalanced force. This law is often called. "the law of inertia".
    Yeah, someone in that image is 'unbalanced' alright!

Right? I don't believe this particular gentleman has an understanding of these laws. Though, he does now understand that he was moving until he was stopped by the force of gravity and concrete.
  • cee134
    Options
    Jupiter From Below (Enhanced Color)

ywail5qzm6j0.jpg
  • cee134
    Options
    Daphnis plows through Saturn's rings, leaving waves of dust in its wake

8cdjltjl13l5.jpg
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    cee134 wrote: »
    Google Sky app does the same thing.. it's super awesome

That's cool.

The program I was talking about actually shows you what the sky looks like from wherever you are standing at what ever time you choose. Then it tells you about the consolations, paths, and celestial happenings. For example, if I want to know what that bright star is, or if it's a planet, then I can easily look up what I'm looking at.

Yes, Google Sky does the same.. you aim your phone or tablet at whatever you are looking at and it tells you nearby constellations, planets, everything. I love it!! If you haven't tried it, download it and see if you like it.

Ahhhhhh. One of those phone thingys.

I'm sure there's a desktop version of Google Sky Map for old folks. :D
    Just saw this thread....
    There's some incredibly awesome pictures on this thread! I'll have to Google for that "Old Folks Google Sky Map" :D

Oh and..
    @kinkyslinky16
    that's nowhere NEAR enough gum in your mouth "Melissa Spicy"!! ;):laugh:

Lovin the profile photo! :+1:
  • cee134
    Options
    Space Station Flight Over Venice

u59091qv66fa.jpg
  • cee134
    Options
    Amazing lightning from space

3pm4j8c9bxkf.jpg
  • cee134
    Options
    Milky Way Mosaic

qby9kbsi00jn.jpg
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    should be getting my telescope mount soon. will take some photos!