Ideal weight for tall women.

Options
2»

Replies

• MrsBozz1
    MrsBozz1 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Tall is a relative term... that said, I'd be perfectly happy at 21-ish BMI...

Too true!! :laugh: I am 6'1" and it is hard for me to consider 5'9" tall, I know it is taller than average... but anyway. My original goal at 6'1" was 170 but I am now 168 (started at 210) and I am still not happy with my rear end and thigh area so I am gonna drop a couple more lbs (not less than 160) and really focus on toning. Best of luck to you! :flowerforyou: Tall girls rock!!
  • MrsBozz1
    Options
    But it's not so much about the weight. It's what looks good on you. Muscle weighs differently. You could be heavy in terms of pounds yet look great because you have some toned muscle.

Keep that in mind ladies and don't beat yourself up because of what the scale says.

You all are doing a great job and look FAB! Keep it up.

:flowerforyou:

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • MrsBozz1
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I have a body fat caliper that's how I know I'm 20.9. I'm very broad and bigger muscle build. I would think 140 on me would be to small. 186 looks good on me. I still have some fat on me if like to loose so I went with 170. I'm learning its deff not bout weight it's bout how you look and feel. I also gained weight from having a baby he is now 14 months.

Looking at your profile pic I think you really look great! I think 170 would be great on you!
  • ksavy
    ksavy Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I'm 6' exactly and currently weigh about 160-165lb. I'd like to drop a further 10lb, but I have a small frame - I'd have my goal set higher if I were bigger boned and/or more muscular. I'd like to be using bodyfat% as a goal now as well as just weightloss, but it seems pretty difficult to get an accurate estimate.

Same weight and goals as me. :) I have a small to medium frame and not much muscle. Plus am pear shaped, so my upper body looks fine to me now but my thighs need to catch up. Trying to do more weight lifting now to try and help that out.
  • amberbabb26
    amberbabb26 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I have a body fat caliper that's how I know I'm 20.9. I'm very broad and bigger muscle build. I would think 140 on me would be to small. 186 looks good on me. I still have some fat on me if like to loose so I went with 170. I'm learning its deff not bout weight it's bout how you look and feel. I also gained weight from having a baby he is now 14 months.

Looking at your profile pic I think you really look great! I think 170 would be great on you!

Thank you!!
  • thenewmrsgeorge
    Options
    Woot!!!!! :drinker:
  • hmg90
    hmg90 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"9, 141 lbs and 25% bodyfat.

I want to be around 128 lbs and 22% bodyfat.

I'm not that far away but it feels difficult...
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options

Are you sure that's your body fat? That seems high for your height and weight. 128 for someone 5'9" would be at the bottom end of healthy and I don't think you'd have much fat on you if you were exercising at all.
  • hmg90
    hmg90 Posts: 314 Member
    Options

Are you sure that's your body fat? That seems high for your height and weight. 128 for someone 5'9" would be at the bottom end of healthy and I don't think you'd have much fat on you if you were exercising at all.

It's a while since I got it measured, right when I joined the gym. I dropped a few but then had to quit the gym and gained it back. It might not be exact but approximate.
    I'm overall slim but store all my fat on my bum....
  • Flabulousss
    Options
    I don't know if 5'8 is tall but 130-135 is best on me, while 145+ is when I start showing extra pudge. Everyone is different..
  • raye1984
    Options
    im 6'0" and currently weigh 254lbs (starting weight before mfp was 274) my ideal healty weight is about 185. i have a large frame so i dont want to loose to much where i look odd n too skinny for my shape. but i will continue to lose the weight as long as i look and feel healthy!