113 pounds to go

Options
I am the worst at this. I am so consistantly inconsistent it is crazy. I hope i can stay true to this and myself. It sucks being big and ontop of that being heavy. Im a 6'6 385lbs 25 year old. I used to play collage football but when i graduated i stoped working out but didnt stop eating. I hope i can get some weight off so i start feeling better.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I would recommend to "lose all hope", and instead "trust the process". With that, I mean: Set up a plan that looks and feels sustainable, and do your best to stick to it. You don't have to do the same things exactly the same way, every day, to have success. You just have to be consistent enough - be in the ballpark most days, and it will even out, over time. Oh, and you aren't supposed to stop eating. You just have to stop overeating. A minor detail that can have a big impact.
  • rwc51
    rwc51 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good advice. Wishing you success.
  • eiupanther969
    eiupanther969 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys
  • otis166
    otis166 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I really believe you can!!! Don't give up
  • Meghanebk
    Meghanebk Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Best wishes! Don't try to change too much at once, it leads to burnout. Think small changes that you can keep up permanently. Weight is lost in the kitchen. Work out to get fit, but calorie tracking is the most important thing do do if you're trying to lose weight.
  • amynoodle1
    amynoodle1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I feel ya . When I was younger I was active and petite. After my first child the weight piled on . It's as if I have no idea who this person I've become is . I was so active . Loved to do things . Now I'm embarrassed to be in public. I'm so ready to get the old me back !