new and need help

Options
I have been trying to gain weight for some time now but I have yet to see any positive results and clearly I do not know exactly what I am doing.
Just wondering if anyone would like to share with me their best tips on how to gain healthy weight.
I am currently 107 pounds and 5' 2 (too skinny!) . I would like to be at least 125 with lean muscle.
Thank you

Replies

• Pot8540
    Pot8540 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've been having some results with increased protein and calories and working out for a half hour every other day. I had a friend on simbi.com redo my nutrition calculator here and develop a specific supersize regimen. I think this site's algorithm for weight gain is a little off.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Eat all the food... lift heavy stuff
  • jessieanne89xox
    jessieanne89xox Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I used to lift heavy things all the time at my old job. Worked on houses, landscaping, driveways etc. It was all physical labor but now I am a stay at home mom and do not have much time to myself to be able to focus on working out because I am too busy most of the time taking care of my little one and husband. I need to find a workout that will suit a stay at home mom who is constantly on the go.
  • adambomb187
    adambomb187 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Do squats and increase your calorie intake slightly with an emphasis on more protien
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,394 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I used to lift heavy things all the time at my old job. Worked on houses, landscaping, driveways etc. It was all physical labor but now I am a stay at home mom and do not have much time to myself to be able to focus on working out because I am too busy most of the time taking care of my little one and husband. I need to find a workout that will suit a stay at home mom who is constantly on the go.

There are several good lifting programs that can be found in this thread but realize, that while they are all work, some are going to be more beneficial than others. You can bulk with programs like "you are your own gym" but your gains wouldn't be as ideal as a good progressive overload lifting program. Having said that, if you are willing to accept that, then cool.

Second, you gains will be as good as they can be based on your consistency and dedication. Getting to 125 and being lean will probably take years. Women tend to get more fat gains (75% roughly), so you will have to work through cycles of bulks/cuts to get to that point.

Calories should roughly be 10-15% over your maintenance levels, protein should be around ~100-110g, and the rest can be carbs/fats.
  • CarolynSullivan1
    CarolynSullivan1 Posts: 5,941 Member
    Options
    I hate to be the one to break it to you, but 107 at 5' 2" is normal BMI. it might be in the lower range, but it is normal. If you want to gain, try whole milk, ice cream, beef, cream sauces.... Even as a SAHM, there are things you can do with kids to get them to exercise w you.