Tracking exercise

Options
Curious to know if people are adding exercise in when their Fitbit tracker syncs the exercise? For example, if I take a brisk walk which is tracked on my Fitbit and the calories go over to MFP, why would I add the exercise into MFP as a 30 minute walk when all it will do is adjust from what has gone over from Fitbit? Can someone explain?

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    If you're doing step based exercises line walking there's no reason to log it separate if you're wearing your fitbit - isn't that the whole reason you're wearing the fitbit, to track steps? Some people like to eat more so they log their non step based exercises so they can have more calories to eat back. Personally that didn't work for me because I would just gain eating all those extra calories, but if you don't then log it if you want.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    MFP wants you to log it so they get the ad revenue when you open the page. Personally I log all my non-step based exercise in Fitbit, as their estimations seem better. And nothing gets done if I take a walk since Fitbit has the info already.