I don't go here

Options
Hello! I'm a student of arty stuff so had naturally never been to the gym before, in an ill-advised fit of self rage and nutribullet purchases, I decided I could maybe do it. It's ok. You healthy people seem nice with your quad squits and tricep lunges or whatever it is that you do. But I'm sort of stuck on the machines, and getting bored, and losing motivation because I don't really know what to do and I don't know anyone else who does gym. If anyone wants to help in either regard, sound! Thanks x

Replies

• Taylor076097
    Taylor076097 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    That was the best post I have read in a long time. I'm going to add you if that's okay. We're in the same boat.
  • AllyTheKid
    AllyTheKid Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm not real good at arty stuff, I'm student of people, and their brains. But I can't gym either and appreciate your humor.

And for what it's worth, I am "that girl" who does Beach Body workout DVDs from home. They DO actually work though, and I think they're fun. I'm also quarantined to a home with children and don't have anybody to talk to over the age of 5 though, so there's that.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Okay so here's the thing for building a good basic program on machines:
    Cover all the movements in less than an hour.
    Push
    Pull
    Hinge
    Squat
    Carry

If you lack stability in your core, don't twist!

You could cover all 5 in a session, or split it up throughout the week.

Day 1 push/pull
    Day 2 squat/hinge
    Day 3 carrying or bodyweight exercises

Do what you enjoy!
    Reach out if you need help.