Lost 60-70 lbs

SpookyPuppy
SpookyPuppy Posts: 7 Member
edited November 2016 in Success Stories
I did it in maybe half a year or more. I ended up needing surgery for kidney stones. Huge diet change... But it was worth it. I had to drink SO much water and still do. It flushes all the bad things out anyway.

I gave up soda. Fast food. Stopped snacking when I was "bored" or couldn't quite tell if I was "hungry" or not. Ate less candy. Didn't eat as much meat or heavy greasy food. Less spicy things. Less buffets.

I do miss them but I'd much rather fit my old clothes. I'd rather my feet not be on fire after walking around for a short while. My face has thinned out. My body has curves and shape again. My family was very proud of me! And that felt great!

I was originally around 230lbs but here I am back on this app at about 160-170 with a goal of 130-140.

No matter what your goal is... I highly recommend dropping soda or having less of it. You DO NOT want kidney stones. They are absolute hell. I've never been in such crippling pain in all my life. A lot of salty food stimulates the pain as well. If I slip up and eat McDonalds I don't get out of bed easily the next day. Be careful! Have some veggies and fruit! Your body will be thankful!

Side note: I'm 21. Your age does not matter. I got kidney stones and severe UTI issues a year or two ago. Diet is about much more than your weight!

Replies

• Nightmare_Queen88
    Nightmare_Queen88 Posts: 304 Member
    I haven't had a sip of soda or sugary drinks since March of this year. I was drinking 3-4 liters of water a day but now I drink 5 since that didn't seem to be enough. So yes, I too recommend anyone and everyone who is trying to be healthier to drink more water and little to no soda or juices. It also aids weight loss. ;)
  • naomillion
    naomillion Posts: 351 Member
    I am happy for your change of habits and listening to what your body needs. That is a great change, congrats!
    P.S. I do love water and its effect on my body. It really helps my system going :)
  • StevenGarrigus
    StevenGarrigus Posts: 234 Member
    I was in my early 20's when I was hospitalized for kidney stones. It was the most agonizing experience of my life. I was told basically anything you drink with "sediment" in it can contribute to stones and I was now more likely to have them again. Sediment can be anything from calcium in milk to the syrup in soda to the powder flavors we add in or even tea. Soda is definitely a top contributor though!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!