My Story

Options
Red_Dwarf74
Red_Dwarf74 Posts: 38 Member
edited November 2016 in Motivation and Support
Where to begin, a few years ago now I lost seven stone. From 370 lbs to 280 lbs. All in three months calorie counting, it is true the heavier you are the quicker it comes off. Sadly I suffer depression, severe depression, the kind that makes you eat and eat and eat daily self harming yourself through food.

Even though I knew this it was my only thing that made me feel better, i don't smoke, drink alcohol etc. However I began to notice something....my habit was turning into sheer GREED. In the end I couldn't sleep without stuffing my belly until I couldn't stuff it no more. And even though now my depression isn't any better I need to sort this affair with food out now.

I remember when I dropped that seven stone and seeing the digits come down just how great it made my ego feel, i could get into clothes easier and I did not sweat 10 buckets with a simple walk to the corner shop!!

I do not know what has made me create a thread here I hardly ever visit but know this, ten days ago 1 was 352 lbs and today 10 ten days later I weigh 342 lbs and all through calorie counting on this website and app. I am starting to get that feeling back of how great I felt losing weight and this time I wont quit.

To be continued......

I leave this motivational video here for myself to keep watching, i find it stirs the passion within me to fight the fight, boxing gloves are on and they are not coming off!!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=FRk4PE5GhoU

Replies

• FindingCynSporation
    Options
    Keep it up! Food addiction is a real thing, and acknowledging it and doing something about it is the best way to start your journey again. You've done this before, so you know the effort and time it takes to lose the weight. I would suggest finding someone to talk to about your food addiction - sometimes getting it all out there and off your chest is a great way of relieving the stress and guilt from overeating. I still fight the addiction myself. Hang in there, and always continue to make the effort! You can do it!