• trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    mattdhall wrote: »
    Boiled chicken? Is that really a thing?

Yes...a very disgusting thing.

I used it as an example for my point but would never actually eat it (again).

I have a buddy who eats it frequently...but he's more of a "this is just fuel" kind of guy and I don't think he actually takes any enjoyment out of eating whatsoever...he'd be happy if he could just be fed intravenously I think.

I've seen him eating that and I just shake my head...it looks so disgusting all pale and gray and whatnot...the only time my chicken gets boiled is when it's in my soup or stew...and even then, I brown it first.

I eat vast amounts of chicken each day and could not stomach it that way. I'm not sure if I feel respect or disgust towards people able to do it!!
  • Intentional_Me
    Intentional_Me Posts: 336 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    So take baking chicken breasts accurate enough to just weigh after cooking or no?
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    So take baking chicken breasts accurate enough to just weigh after cooling or no?

yes, just use the cooked entry in the database. Otherwise the weight will be wrong due to lost water/fat.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    The biggest thing to do here is making sure that the nutritional info you use is consistent with what you are weighing. If the nutritional info is for raw (and it usually is) then weigh when raw.

Think of pasta. The weight will be a lot more cooked then raw, but the increase is all water. If you eat based on the cooked weight, while the package lists raw weight numbers, you will seriously under eat or under record calories. Steak and chicken will work the other way.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    oopsies- I've been doing cooked!
  • jlscherme
    jlscherme Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you are boiling the chicken in.

Here's my recipe:

Put chicken in pot.
    Cover with water or broth.
    add splash of sherry/vermouth, if you want.
    2 tsp of dried herbs, whatever you like.
    1 bay leaf.
    Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low. Partly cover and simmer 10 minutes. Turn off heat, let sit in hot bath 15-20 minutes. Drain and enjoy.