Dinner

Do you eat dinner at 10 pm? Because many people think that if you eat at night,you gain weight

Replies

• vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Meal timing doesn't matter. Calorie deficit does.
  • efi__
    efi__ Posts: 4 Member
    Can you please tell me a number of calories for dinner?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    What are you asking, really? People think lots of things, and lots of people have noe clue about weight management. I eat when I'm hungry and have time to eat, I'm not a gremlin.
  • baconbutt31
    baconbutt31 Posts: 8 Member
    Anything that fits within your daily calorie goal.
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    efi__ wrote: »

No? It's all dependent on your stats and goals.

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    My diary is open
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    Once a week I do. Never affected my weight since I was still in a deficit.
  • jvcjim
    jvcjim Posts: 812 Member
    edited November 2016
    i usually plan and log all my meals for the day before breakfast so i have and idea of how my day should be. i fine tune the portion sizes after the meals. i like 20% calories for breakfast, 30% calories for lunch, 40% calories for dinner. the other 10% are snacks...
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,423 Member
    Do you eat dinner at 10 pm? Because many people think that if you eat at night,you gain weight
    Meal timing doesn't matter for weight loss. A calorie deficit is what matters.
    I eat dinner between 6-8 pm and a snack around 9 pm.
    Whatever you want it to be that fits your calorie goal for the day.
    I often eat 500-600 calorie dinners.

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    I do not because I am in bed at that point. But meal timing doesn't matter.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    TBH, knowing that meal timing doesn't matter was a super big deal to me. I often save some calories for a treat before bed...usually bread and jam. I don't like waking up hungry and this seems to help me delay breakfast until later in the morning. I eat breakfast at 10am and then lunch at 12pm, and I like the full feeling from the meals close together.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,115 Member
    I personally don't, but one can eat dinner at 10 pm if they want to.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member

• katiehepp1
    katiehepp1 Posts: 138 Member
    I eat at 10 3 nights a week as I work late and don't have time to eat dinner on my shift as I finish at 10pm so if I'm out late sometimes I eat at 11 and it hasn't effected my weight loss xx
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Meal timing food type does not matter for weight loss. Your body does not know the time, and digestion does not stop when you're sleeping.The information is just found in many diet books and is basically filler catchy sentences to sell more books.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Meal timing is irrelevant. The amount of calories in your dinner should be whatever fits in your calorie budget.

The rest of us can't tell you what to eat. The amount of calories you eat at a certain time of day don't matter.
  • ShammersPink
    ShammersPink Posts: 215 Member
    I usually eat later than that during the week as my partner gets in very late from evening work, and I am losing steadily.

The main problem is that I get hungry earlier if I don't space out meals during the day.

So I tend to have a small breakfast, lunch and tea and some healthy snacks during the day, and leave somewhere in the region of 500kcal or so for an evening meal. A heavy meal would feel a bit stodgy just before bed, and even when I wasn't trying to lose, my evening meal wasn't much different to what it is now, I just ate more in the day.

As it's so late, I then rarely eat anything after that, very occasionally a relatively lo-cal hot chocolate or hot malt drink if I have some spare calories left, and want a comforting drink before bed.