My name is Ahmed and I'm a calorie-holic

Options
AADarwish
AADarwish Posts: 29 Member
Hi all, I am from Egypt and I have settled in Manchester since SEP 2009. I gained 12 kgs since then cause of the many temptations of food and drink, not to mention the constant craving for carbs during the winters! :(

Hope I can get back those 12kgs by the end of 2010 :)

Replies

• penne356
    penne356 Posts: 95
    Options
    Welcome Ahmed. I can understand how hard it can be to suppress the urge of eating unhealthy food but it's good to know that you've realized before it's too late. I hope you'll reach your goals soon and this site is definitely the right place to begin.

Good Luck :)
  • happy_jax
    happy_jax Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Hi Ahmed, welcome!! :happy:

I love the title of your post!

We take clients out for food in Manchester quite a bit...so I know all too well the temptations you have to resist everyday!!

12kgs is a really attainable goal...and with all the encouragement on here - I'm sure you'll see results in no time!

Good luck!
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    The food craving during the winter---I have that problem, too. My body says, "I am cold, create some fat to insulate me!" What I need to do most is put on a sweater or coat and keep myself warm. Do you have access to a good sweater or coat? Hope so.
    Best of success! :drinker: (water, or hot tea?)
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Ahmed! My metric conversions aren't fantastic, but if I'm calculating this correctly in my head 12kg is about 25 or 26lbs. You'll get that off in no time! :flowerforyou: Best of luck to you!
  • AADarwish
    AADarwish Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much you are all so kind :) I already lost 1kg in my first week here so I hope its a good start! BUT I am going for training for a week in the Middle East and its not so healthy-friendly over there so I hope I can actually find something low calorie to eat!

12kgs is my goal for 2010, but reaching my ideal wieght of 95kgs (aka loosing 38kgs) is my Everest!