Belly fat

Options
I've lost 3 stone altogether
But I'm struggling to lose belly fat
I've heard green tea is good for it. Is this true? If so, what's the best one to get and how much would I need to drink daily?
Do you have any other ideas to help me lose belly fat?
Thanks y'all x

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce, with green tea or with anything else. Continue eating in a calorie deficit and the fat will come off from all over.
  • bexilashious
    bexilashious Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Thanks
    I'm just getting impatient I guess
    Losing everywhere else but still have this huge belly lol
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Green tea won't do anything for belly fat, unfortunately. Fat comes off where it wants to and in an order determined by your genes. All you can do is stay in a deficit and keep slugging at it.
  • MatthewIsenhour
    MatthewIsenhour Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    bexilashious hang in there you got this just stick to it.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,618 Member
    Options
    Thanks
    I'm just getting impatient I guess
    Losing everywhere else but still have this huge belly lol
    That may be the last place your body gives up body fat. And that's genetics which there's nothing you can take, exercise, or do (with the exception of liposuction) to lose it any faster than just being consistent with a calorie deficit.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• bexilashious
    bexilashious Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Thanks
    I will keep plodding along x
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    I struggle with this too. I take after my dad. I'm concerned because I've read it's so much worse to carry your weight in your belly specifically as opposed to lower body. I know carrying extra weight anywhere isn't good but especially in the belly. I have lost 49 pounds and look 4 months pregnant with stick legs and arms.
    I've also realized I cannot spot reduce and it is something I must be patient with. So I'm right there with you on the "plodding along."
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    joans1976 wrote: »
    I struggle with this too. I take after my dad. I'm concerned because I've read it's so much worse to carry your weight in your belly specifically as opposed to lower body. I know carrying extra weight anywhere isn't good but especially in the belly. I have lost 49 pounds and look 4 months pregnant with stick legs and arms.
    I've also realized I cannot spot reduce and it is something I must be patient with. So I'm right there with you on the "plodding along."

looking 4 months pregnant doesnt always mean its all belly fat, having bad posture and other health issues can bloat you and make you look like you are pregnant or have belly fat.but if its none of those things then you can keep losing or do a recomp(eat in maintenance and follow a progressive lifting program) which takes awhile but can change how your body looks.I still have a little bit of a "pooch" but its slowly disappearing.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    calorie deficit is the only thing to reduce whole body, unfortunately the belly is usually the last place the weight goes from.