This really works! 40+ pounds lost since July!

Options
This is my first post on here, though I have been logging calories since July 18th or so. I am a 46 year old female, 5'6, who weighed 193 pounds in July, 2016. This morning I weighed 151.6! I have gone from a size 14 to an 8. I can't believe it really has been as easy as it has been. I have followed the recommended calories every day, and have only gone over maybe 3 times. The first two weeks were the most difficult. I couldn't believe how hungry I was! I have not weighed this little since before I became pregnant with my first child in 2005. I am so glad that I have stuck with it. I just wanted to post to encourage anyone reading who just started and is wondering if it works.

Replies

• cathysyng
    cathysyng Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Calimom teach! That is record weight loss! You have tremendous will power to have lost so much. You're definitely an inspiration to others I am sure you also have a very supportive family or live alone. Very difficult to keep at it when everyone else in the house is eating without any concern for calories and exercise. I had my drastic drop in summer of 2015. 12 lbs to reach my goal weight and be in the mid point of my bmi. I maintained beautifully till September 2016 and then because we had many house guests I indulged a bit too much and put on 3 lbs. I know 3 lbs is not too much but it is 40% of the amount I lost last summer. So I became very strict with myself .. this time it took me 2.5 months to lose 3 lbs.. don't know why it was so hard .. last year I lost 12 lbs in 3 months. I am 53 years old and 5.3 ft.

Congrats to you too Evamutt.. 25 lb is super too. I enjoy exercising - that is the best thing that has come out of this experience. 40 minutes of resistance bands and 20 minutes of elliptical 5 days a week
  • CaliMomTeach
    CaliMomTeach Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Thanks cathysyng! I live with my 6 and 10 year old children. Initially, I stopped bringing in any treats to the house to resist temptation, but after my 10 year old son pointed out how unfair this was to them, I started tp occasionally buy them "junk". It is hard to have dinner with others at their homes and in restaurants for sure! I actually plan to eat at the home of family by using the elliptical to earn extra calories for that day. I think that gaining back any amount of weight would disappointing. I have no idea what will happen when I am ready to maintain. My will power came from the doctor saying I was prediabetic and she wanted to put me on cholesterol medication. I don't want my kids to have to deal with an unhealthy mother and I want to be around for grandkids, so it was very motivating when I thought of it that way.

Evamutt, 25 pounds is awesome :)
  • lima013
    lima013 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Great job! Congratulations!
  • tracypreiss
    tracypreiss Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have also had success with MFP. I started Aug 17 and as of yesterday I have lost 25 lbs. I have about 10-15 to go. I love this app because it's so user friendly and as long as you count calories even if you eat the occasional candy etc it really works. I just recently added exercise to help with the last bit of weight.
  • cosmonew
    cosmonew Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Super job. Your hard work has earned you great reward.
  • a_candler
    a_candler Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I'm taller than you, almost 6ft but had similar stats as you. I've gained a little back from my lowest of 143. I have held for 2 yrs now though and super proud of that. I need to reinvigorate my exercise program to tone me out.

Way to go on being so diligent.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Wow! You're doing fantastic! My stats here show 11 pounds since July, but I actually started IF and eating less in the spring and am 26 pounds down.
  • elhamidris
    elhamidris Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Great job, I have almost similar results as yours. I am 5 .7" and I started July 30. As for today I lost 41 lb. I need to lose 29 more to reach my initial goal and see after that what I will decide to do. Congratulations on your success.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!