No way I can diet!

Hello to all, I'm obviously new here and this is my first post. Baby steps...First the usual newbie stuff: I'm from Colorado I have been using my fitness pal for a few weeks now. I have to admit there is absolutely no way I can follow a "diet". The only way I can achieve any change is through lifestyle changes. Yikes!!! I admit I am a freak for ice cream and if given the slightest opportunity I can kill an entire bag of cheetos.

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,915 Member
    It's habitual change you look for. I don't cut ANYTHING out. I'm just aware of how much I eat and don't exceed my calorie restriction consistently.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Soulwriter
    Soulwriter Posts: 22 Member
    Gotta start somewhere good job :)
  • CaliMomTeach
    CaliMomTeach Posts: 745 Member
    I feel the same way about following a diet. It is just too hard to eat this, not that. I don't say no to anything I want. Cake at a birthday party, ribs, etc... I just have it in much smaller quantities and make sure I have room in my calorie budget. I have jumped on the elliptical to earn calories for this purpose. What has happened is that I want the high calorie, low nutrient food much less frequently than I used to, because they aren't worth the calorie cost.
  • jacksonkris8
    jacksonkris8 Posts: 51 Member
    So on that ice cream bit... have u seen a brand called Halo? Check it out. The strawberry and mint are really good. There's around 4 carbs for half a cup and calories are super low (i think 60). So even a full cup is pretty great. They use a swerve type thing for sugar replacement... they are harder than ice cream so u have to leave it out for 5 min or so before scooping- but if thats what ur weakness is, might be worth a shot!