Headphones

Options
I've been using apples generic white headphones that come with phone. Moving on. What are the best? Thinking wireless but not sure...

Replies

• thunder1982
    thunder1982 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    What do you use your headphones for? I use wireless earbud headphones for running but at home use overear headphones for listening to music etc. my ears are too small for the generic apple earphones and so they give me a headache if I use them for any length of time.
  • irtrail
    irtrail Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Sure SE215s with aftermarket triple flange plugs. Will block out most ambient noise and the sound is amazing.
  • bboyd223
    bboyd223 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Bluephonic headphones are wireless with ear hooks and can find for 25.00 with decent sound. Great for running.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I switched up to some bluetooth ones from the wired apple for running with and it's like night and day. I found a pair on Groupon, but I think outside of rad deals expect to pay for decent ones. Black Friday/Cyber Monday are coming up though. I got Jaybird brand based on recs from several runner friends and have not been sorry. They did take a couple times to get used to, I thought they were going to hurt my ears as the initially felt uncomfortable but I've had them maybe two months and there's no discomfort now.
  • RunningBuryBlue
    RunningBuryBlue Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Wireless are great for running, but they will break/be lost at some point, so go cheap. £20 on Amazon gives plenty of choice
  • chunkytfg
    chunkytfg Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I have an older pair of Bose 'sports' headphones that have a shorter cable. It allows me to run with a sun visor with a iPod shuffle clipped to the peak and the headphones linked round the headband without having the issues of a cable down to your arm or waist. They are a couple of years old and probably wont last much longer but they have changed them now so they don't come with the short cable anymore!
  • tiny_clanger
    tiny_clanger Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Don't know where you're based, but conventional headphones are prohibited under UKA race rules. If you are planning to run races, might be worth investing in some bone-conducting 'phones. I have a pair of Aftershokz and they are the best :)
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I recently bought & returned a pair of urBeats headphones-great sounding but the worst headphones I have ever owned for staying in my ear. Wonderful headphones if you don't move!

Ended up with Bose Sportsound-Not as much bass as the urBeats but the sound quality is better and they STAY IN MY EAR! :):):)

Go with Bose!
  • Mack344
    Mack344 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I use the new jay bird wireless sports. It holds in my ear very well, no matter how hard I sweat. Pairs to my apple iPhone 7 effortlessly as well as Apple Watch 2
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I recently bought & returned a pair of urBeats headphones-great sounding but the worst headphones I have ever owned for staying in my ear. Wonderful headphones if you don't move!

Ended up with Bose Sportsound-Not as much bass as the urBeats but the sound quality is better and they STAY IN MY EAR! :):):)

Go with Bose!

I'm pretty sure these are the ones I have - they've got a weird little rubber doohickey that secures the headphone to the inside of your outer ear, so they don't go too far into the canal. I was extremely skeptical, but they stay put AND they're comfortable. I love them.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I use last year's model of the Jaybird wireless (sweat/rain proof) and love them.

I bought those when my previous set of Jaybird wireless earphones failed after getting too wet in the rain one time too many. Those I purchased reconditioned and at a discount, plus at the time they were sweat/rain resistant and not sweat/rain proof so I was happy enough with them.

I wish I could get the new version with the adjustable sound profiles and smaller buds (the ones I have now are too big to fit, but they do stay in place), but they're expensive and I'm not buying another set until the current ones give out. So far, they're going strong.
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I'm pretty sure these are the ones I have - they've got a weird little rubber doohickey that secures the headphone to the inside of your outer ear, so they don't go too far into the canal. I was extremely skeptical, but they stay put AND they're comfortable. I love them.

Yep, I got the weird little doohickey headphones. :D

• light_bloom
    light_bloom Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have awesome over-ear headphones but maybe earbuds would be better. It's really gross when you take them off and they're all sweaty and damp. Sound is great though, and they're bluetooth so no cables (though there is a port for an AUX cable in case you run out of battery).

I don't know if you're allowed to post links here but if you search Sentey B-Trek H10 Bluetooth Headphones you can find them on Amazon. They're like $35.