Lost weigh, clothes feel the same

Options
I've lost 6.6lb in just under 3 weeks. I'm happy with this but would have thought my clothes would feel a bit better on.
When should i notice a difference there? I'm only 5ft2 so think the weight I have already lost would make a difference

Replies

• evan_sellers
    evan_sellers Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am not sure what kind of training you are performing. It's possible that you have lost fat in places that are not noticeable with your clothes. Also, if you are doing resistance training then it is possible that you have grown some muscle mass. This can sometimes almost counteract the fat loss. Just keep on training and you will notice it soon enough. At times it can be frustrating when you do not see the expected results in a short period of time.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    How much weight do you have to lose?

I had to lose quite a bit before I noticed a difference in how my clothes fit, but I should have bought a size larger long before I decided to start losing weight so I was always uncomfortably pressed in (sausage look...). I never really noticed a difference between uncomfortable and seriously uncomfortable. Then one day I realized that I was losing my pants...

FIY:
    I'm 170cm
    I started at 115kg wearing one size clothing too small
    by 105kg I started notice a difference
    by 95kg the clothing size I had been wearing since 115kg was noticeably too large.

So it really depends on where you start, how much you have to lose and where you lose.

Give it time and keep doing what you're doing. It'll happen sooner or later.
  • cxeex
    cxeex Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I have 3 stone to loose. Am doing cardio and weights 3 times a week in the gym.
    Am pleased with what I've lost though so will keep at it
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    cxeex wrote: »
    I have 3 stone to loose. Am doing cardio and weights 3 times a week in the gym.
    Am pleased with what I've lost though so will keep at it

That is probably the most important part. Just keep at it one day after another.

A good way to see progress is to take regular progress pictures and compare them. If I look at the pictures from 1 year ago, I look so different from now that it's almost shocking. When I look at myself in the mirror I don't see it.

Also are you tracking any measurements? (hips, waist and such?) Sometimes a loss will show up in circumference that won't really translate to clothing yet.

Best of luck!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    It usually takes 10lbs loss to notice the difference in clothes but it also depends on how much weight you have to lose. Someone with a lot to lose it might take 20lbs before they feel their clothes loser and see any noticeable difference..