Wine? Yes or No?

Options
2»

Replies

• Lovemehatemebytchez
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    I am not against alcohol, but the issue is that it uses up precious calories and provides zero nutritional value. Plus as pointed out above, it can create the desire to eat more. Nutrition is so important for health, especially when restricting calories.

If you want to drink regularly, I would encourage you to up your calorie goal accordingly and accept a slightly slower rate of loss. Especially if your goal is on the low end (1200-1400 for women, 1800-1900 for men). 2 glasses of wine or beer could use 20% or more of your daily calorie allotment. Not the best way to approach it, IMO.

Thanks so much I prolong my wine and if I know I'm going to drink. I usually have one or two glasses and I'm really good at not getting the munchies and just passing out going to sleep. Hehe! I exercise 4 to 5 times daily I run do intervals which I love doing. I think I'm more on the heavy side woman spectrum. I eat about 1500 to 1800 of calories. I'm about 270lbs, 5ft6 40%BMI, 30 years old and active I get about 800 steps in sometimes 10.
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    So curious question will I still lose weight if I drink red wine and documented in MyFitnessPal while maintaining my calories. Just curious what everyone's opinion is and is there people losing weight that drink?
    Thanks

I stick to 1200 calories or a slightly under and drink everyday
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Of course you can.
    My way to save some calories but keep the enjoyment was to pay twice as much per bottle of wine but drink half the amount.
    Cheers!

PS - if you are on a very low calorie allowance then the "empty calories" of alcohol won't be the best choice if it crowds out more nutritious foods/drinks.
    Personally that's another reason not to go for a very low calorie allowance

This. Alcohol or other empty calories on a low calorie diet don't go together.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Karb_Kween wrote: »
    So curious question will I still lose weight if I drink red wine and documented in MyFitnessPal while maintaining my calories. Just curious what everyone's opinion is and is there people losing weight that drink?
    Thanks

I stick to 1200 calories or a slightly under and drink everyday

This is not good advice for heath purposes. You most likely are losing weight, but your nutrition is suffering. At 1200 calories or less a person needs to be very conscious of consuming nutrient dense foods.