Biggest meal

Options
2»

Replies

• LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    Dinner. I love finishing up my day with a nice big cozy meal.
  • wanzik
    wanzik Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    My biggest meal use to be dinner but now it's lunch. I found that I tended to snack most in the afternoon and was always hungry. I go to the gym after work and eat dinner around 8-9 pm. Love eating burritos (a place like Chipotles where they make the burrito with fresh ingredients - as good or as bad as you want to be). With my low-sodium V8 I have about 1,200 calories.

Against common belief, I do not eat breakfast. I'm not hungry then and I get tired of trying to force something down. I do have a fast-digesting protein shake just to deal with nightly fasting and preserving muscle. (Vectron Vanilla. Delicious!)

I have a protein shake after I work out (lots of lifting heavy weights) and that buys me time to steam, shower and get home and make a decent dinner which is usually a Costco Turkey burger on those thin bread rounds with onion and lots of lettuce.

I found by doing this I'm not hungry all the time and over the past spring/summer/fall I've been steadily losing weight by a couple pounds a week. Most importantly I don't feel like I'm depriving myself of anything - I can still have the burritos I love for lunch and have a nice light dinner meeting (or at least coming close to) my intake goals.

I read in Europe that their big meal is lunch so why not?
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Dinner for me. I get up early and workout - calisthenics, run, bike, etc. I have a light breakfast and workout throughout the morning. I have a light lunch and workout throughout the afternoon. I have a desk job and a very sedentary one, so interrupt as much as possible with pushups and planks in the office.

Dinner is more social - this is my time with the family and we talk about the day, plan for tomorrow and the future, and eat. This is followed by watching a movie or game where we snack before going to bed.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,008 Member
    Options
    I usually save at least half of my calories for dinner and a snack after dinner. We usually eat between 6-7pm. I would eat later but my husband gets kind of cranky of we eat too late.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    Dinner is usually my only real meal and I have a protein shake or snack earlier. I eat dinner anytime between 5-7 depending on the day.
  • Jo_yce
    Jo_yce Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Lunch xD seems like I'm yhe only one... I get so hungry after focusing on my work and school.
  • Intentional_Me
    Intentional_Me Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Dinner usually. Sometimes lunch & dinner will be about the same and I'll have a small snack or two usually after dinner. I try to wait until 6pm to eat most of the time so that I'm not hungry again before bed.
  • barni71
    barni71 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Biggest meal is usually dinner and then I have a snack about 9pm
  • cocates
    cocates Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Dinner is usually my biggest meal. I usually eat around 7pm but I don't have a particular time restriction. As long as I eat all of my daily calories with the 24-hour period, I'm happy. :)
  • kissedbythesunshine
    Options
    Dinner. It's usually upwards of 700-1000 calories and I eat around 7pm.
  • SiegfriedXXL
    SiegfriedXXL Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Lunch for sure. Breakfast and dinner are both light. I try to finish dinner before 6 pm.
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Dinner. My husband needs way more calories than me and is a "big dinner" type, so he has to eat a lot at dinner. I don't eat as much as him, but it still usually works out to be my biggest meal.

All my snacks combined are usually bigger than my dinner though. :smiley:
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Dinner, followed closely by dessert.