Any tips fur going to a buffet?

Hiya troops.

Ma pals huv invited me to a buffet on Saturday fur somebody's birthday. Does anyone huv any tips fur no feeling like pure jobby afterwards?

Wis planning on daeing some exercise beforehand and maybe having a super light lunch, but if anyone else has any mare recommendations, ad be grateful.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Eat light, add some exercise and eat at your maintenance calories for the day. Select the food you really really like, don't waste your calories on mediocre food. Most of all, have fun with your friends.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Buffets do not have to wreak havoc on your weight loss plans. Use what you know about calories and portion sizes to your advantage. Filling up on vegetables can help you to keep from over-eating on the high calorie items. Choose grilled meats or main dishes with tomato based sauces over ones with lots of cream or cheese. If something that you know is high in calories looks too good to resist, just take a small portion of it. I think the number one rule for buffets though, is to eat slowly and stop eating when you are no longer hungry. You are out with friends and having a good time, so relax enjoy the company. Avoid stuffing yourself til you feel sick and you will be fine. Have fun!
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,301 Member
    At a buffet you can take as little or as much as you want. In my experience you will all be invited to help yourself at a given time. Take a plate and take only that which you are happy to eat. You are not required to revisit the table if you do not wish to nor to pile your plate high. As for any drinks you may be tempted to have. If you can stay at one, if it is high calorie, then stick to sparkling water, not everyone will be interested in what you are drinking.

Then maybe allow yourself a day at maintenance too. Have a good evening.

If you were, by any chance to over do it, then tomorrow is another day, pick yourself up and off you go again. You can't do that much damage as long as you get back up again.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    Do a full review of the buffet before you start loading up your plate. Make note of the items worth eating and those that just won't be worth the calories. Load up a plate with veggies/salad. Eat that and then go back for the good stuff you saw on your first pass by. Start with a smaller amount rather than a full serving of everything.
  • novio50
    novio50 Posts: 778 Member
    Do your homework as to what they're having. My suggestion is stick with meats and veggies, typically not fried or heavily battered.
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Do a full review of the buffet before you start loading up your plate. Make note of the items worth eating and those that just won't be worth the calories. Load up a plate with veggies/salad. Eat that and then go back for the good stuff you saw on your first pass by. Start with a smaller amount rather than a full serving of everything.

I love this idea! Next time I go to one, I'll be sure to take a walk through. So often, everything looks great and I end up with too much stuff I don't really want to eat (but eat it anyway).