Replies

• MEADOWS_FIT
    MEADOWS_FIT Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Squats and glute bridges
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    I recently started a daily DL program that is having a very noticeable effect on my glute strength and butt shape. I can do DLs all day at heavy wt and I just love the effectiveness of this program.

Been doing a daily squat routine too (which I'm already planning to cut back to 3x's a week because squats are more difficult for me) but it's effect is noticeable mainly in my quads, not my glutes.

Have tried hip thrusts but I do not like doing them because they are uncomfortable to do; don't like the position. I've got a bad knee and can't to lunges on both legs effectively, so I don't do them either.

So for a "butt builder," it's the dead lift for me. :)
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I would start with glute bridges as they are most effective to help you focus on using those muscles. Other exercises like squats and deadlifts are great, but with bad form won't work the glutes like you need them to.
  • Baydogger
    Baydogger Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I borrowed Strong Curves from the library and liked it so much I asked for my own copy for my birthday. I've just started a 12 week program in conjunction with running and I'm excited to start what looks like a great program! Thanks to all who shared their love of it.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I grew my booty back with hip thrusts, glute bridges, cable pull throughs, split squats, goodmornings, deadlifts, cable kickbacks.

I skipped the things I hate such as...bulgarian split squats.

But honestly, eating and training with a progressive overload (especially hip thrusts) did it all.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    I grew my booty back with hip thrusts, glute bridges, cable pull throughs, split squats, goodmornings, deadlifts, cable kickbacks.

But honestly, eating and training with a progressive overload (especially hip thrusts) did it all.

I hate Bulgarian split squats too. Somehow I didn't know that just plain split squats were even a thing until this past spring.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    bbell1985 wrote: »

I hate Bulgarian split squats too. Somehow I didn't know that just plain split squats were even a thing until this past spring.

I used to do them with a barbell semi-heavy. Like 95-115lbs. Way more fun that those evil bulgarian guys with a freaking 10 lb DB. Though they still sucked.