How do you reward yourself?

Options

Replies

• MargaretSans
    MargaretSans Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    anything beauty related is great. I like getting a facial or a massage but when im down to my goal weight ill be buying myself a pair or rockin republic jeans. They are expensive so im also exercising my saving skills by putting away a little bit each month
  • AspiringPinkPinUp
    Options
    I walk around in public with my shirt off. Not suggesting this for women though. :wink:

Damn, Was just about to tear my shirt off and head outside! :laugh: :tongue:
  • Gee_24
    Gee_24 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    My reward will be fitting into my old size 6 jeans which I adored. I worse those puppies every day for the ONE year I weighed my ideal weight.

The day I fit into them again I'll probably cry with sheer happiness. Sad.
  • Amazonbella
    Amazonbella Posts: 338
    Options
    I do the first 5% then at 10% then every 10 pounds from there.

I figure out what I really want: A trip is my idea reward for reaching my goal and then I back up from there, a day at the spa, a shopping spree, a new pair of Ugg boots, or mani/pedi, ect. That way when you are feeling discouraged or you don't want to workout then you have it posted as a reminder to get your butt moving and pushing forward. It works for me! :)
  • RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I don't ever really reward myself when I hit goals, I just enjoy going shopping for clothes (at thrift stores) as my old clothes become way too big, and once I hit my final goal, I will be going on a big shopping spree for new clothes to fill my closet!

I'm planning a trip to Goodwill soon myself! And I've got my bonus from work socked away for that BIG shopping spree when I reach my final goal. I was initially aiming for my 40th birthday, but it'll now be the end of next year due to some health setbacks. Achievable now! :happy:
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    I walk around in public with my shirt off. Not suggesting this for women though. :wink:

I live in Canada, so it's legal here. :wink: :heart:

I reward with food, like a nice meal from somewhere I don't get to all the time.
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    a massage and body scrub at my fav spa place will be my reward for losing 20 lbs - - at this rate it will be the end of the year or more before i get that massage, though..... - - so i might need to do a smaller reward - - right NOW what i am doing is rewarding myself with food - when i do good with my exercise.
    And YES - - i realize this is exactly WHY i have not lost the 20 lbs yet - - - it's such a mental struggle.
  • nicolaturner1986
    nicolaturner1986 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I keep it non food related, and something I like, but dont normally buy for myself so they really do feel like a reward, like a trip to Charming Charlies for a new purse, or to Bath and Body works for a great new lotion, or a or manicure, a that great pair of sandals that has finally gone on sale. Some times we get so caught up in taking care of everyone else, we forget about ourselves.

I never buy or do anything for myself either, I never find clothes I like in my size and I always seem to spend all my money on my little boy or partner or things for the home (buying myself a steam mop doesn't count as a treat lol).

x
  • msladydove
    msladydove Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to think of little goals to keep my motivation going, I was thinking at 7lb off i'll get my nails done, at 14lb i'll buy some new makeup, at 24lb i'll buy a dress that isn't from Asda.

How do you reward yourself when you have done well?

I personally do not see anything wrong with wanting to reward yourself :) I guess to each their own.... I have not really thought of what I would reward myself with...... I would want to keep it healthy though :)
  • sourmash1973
    sourmash1973 Posts: 149 Member
    Options

I live in Canada, so it's legal here. :wink: :heart:

I reward with food, like a nice meal from somewhere I don't get to all the time.

I'm moving to Canada! :wink:
  • sunshyncatra
    sunshyncatra Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Feeling good and buying a well-fitting pair of pants in a lower size! Then, finding that those pants are starting to get loose...repeat!
  • fairyt4l3s
    fairyt4l3s Posts: 31
    Options
    Rewarding yourself with personal items is a fantastic idea, I might do that too!

So far I've been rewarding myself with a bag of crisps and a day off from working out :laugh:
  • goddessofsewing
    goddessofsewing Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I actually have a spreadsheet of milestones and trinkets to get. It's all silly innocuous stuff with the exception of a serger and a dressform when I actually get closer to the "ultimate goal size."

We are kindred spirits. My spreadsheet is full of pattern numbers and a dressform would be a great way to celebrate the ultimate goal!
  • zombiemomjo
    zombiemomjo Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    My friend and I started this together, and our first reward was a makeover day. For sticking with it for 3 months, we got our hair done and spent the day shopping together. Our second goal was a weight goal, and when we hit it, we had a double date night. We ate well, of course, and we went bowling. Then our reward for the next weight goal was a night out dancing. It was totally motivating!!

I think I'll make my own personal rewards again, and a massage sounds phenomenal!
  • nicolaturner1986
    nicolaturner1986 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Ohh there are some great ideas here, thanks everyone. A massage does sound nice, I think I will definitely add this to my goals :-)

I'm going to Florida next september so I desperately want to get to goal so I can have the confidence to be IN the pictures instead of just taking them

x :happy:
  • sourmash1973
    Options
    My ultimate reward, the one I can't wait for, is when I have reached my ultimate goal (12%BF). I will then post a before and after pic on Facebook where all my closest friends and family will be able to see the hard work I have put in.
  • thebowhunter
    thebowhunter Posts: 173
    Options
    Im going to reward myself for driving home from work and then reward myself for waking up before my alarm and then reward myself for thinking up great rewards for myself. If you want to by trinkets and messages and crap, just go do it. If your motivation to lose weight is trinkets, you got your reasons all screwed up. Its like saying you need to reward yourself for rewarding yourself with better health. That’s like buying myself a treat because I bought myself a treat. Health is the first wealth. When you understand that you will finally realize that rewarding yourself for better health is not needed and redundant. If you couldnt reward yourself, would you stop trying to lose weight? If the anwer is no, then the rewards are just an excuse to reward yourself.
  • sourmash1973
    Options
    Im going to reward myself for driving home from work and then reward myself for waking up before my alarm and then reward myself for thinking up great rewards for myself. If you want to by trinkets and messages and crap, just go do it. If your motivation to lose weight is trinkets, you got your reasons all screwed up. Its like saying you need to reward yourself for rewarding yourself with better health. That’s like buying myself a treat because I bought myself a treat. Health is the first wealth. When you understand that you will finally realize that rewarding yourself for better health is not needed and redundant. If you couldnt reward yourself, would you stop trying to lose weight? If the anwer is no, then the rewards are just an excuse to reward yourself.

Wow, *kitten* much? Everyone has their own ways of meeting their goals.
  • lyndausvi
    lyndausvi Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I don't, really. I see the weight loss and increased physical ability as their own rewards.

This is how I feel.

If you want to reward yourself, great. We all need different things to keep us motivated. My reward is being healthier.
  • mommy3457
    mommy3457 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I want to do a "big big reward." So, when I hit my major goal then I will go on a shopping spree.