Embarrassing things that have happened while working out.

Options
13»

Replies

• stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Walking face first into the pole of a street sign while trying to log my run. I was tired, it was dusk, the pole was in the middle of the sidewalk, and clearly I wasn't capable of focusing on more than one thing at a time.

Made a nice, loud bang and knocked myself sideways. Could clearly hear snickering from the people still on the trail I had just left.
  • walkjem
    walkjem Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Running backwards on the gym track, I fell and hit my head hard = concussion. While waiting for a ride home, a gym friend was trying to access my condition, and, unfortunately, I answered questions with a LOUD voice and then started sobbing uncontrollably! He told me not to be embarrassed and that even professional football players can get emotional after hits to the head!

I no longer run backwards.
  • bmayes2014
    bmayes2014 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    In my cross training gym, I split open the entire right back of my workout pants during a circuit. Someone convinced me it was really bad and I should go to the bathroom so I did. My entire right butt cheek was saying hi to everyone behind me. I had on underwear, but it was embarrassing.
  • shor0814
    shor0814 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I was squatting in the rack and just coming out of the hole and for some reason that I am still going over in my mind, I tore either the adductor or something else nearby. I just dropped to the ground and made the loudest crash ever. When I fail a lift I usually try to ease it down to the safeties but not this time. Of course it was one of the few times the gym was packed and everyone was looking over at the rack. This is one time where nobody could say "they aren't looking at you, they are doing their own thing."
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    ladyreva78 wrote: »
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    I wouldnt say embarrassing but shorts came unbuttoned and dropped during squats comes to mind.

Define not embarrassing... being the only girl in the gym and losing your pants while squatting does rank right on up there. Bonus... it's the work gym. Meaning I work with those guys. :flushed:

Thankfully I'm good at making jokes and I have pretty thick skin. The guys from the assembly can be somewhat below the belt at times. :tongue:

Lack of clothing doesn't bother me, actually more clothes do if anything.

Hihi. Lack of clothes actually does bother me as it's currently not very esthetic (IMO). Ask me again after I lose the last 20kg I have to lose and I can proudly show off my loose skin. :tongue:
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Split my shorts front to back whilst attempting a 1rm squat PB.
  • naculp
    naculp Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Group training class, except I was the only one to show up. I farted. Had to blame the trainer :s
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    stealthq wrote: »
    Walking face first into the pole of a street sign while trying to log my run.

coming This Close to riding into an 8-foot trench across the bike road on my way home. it was dark, the 'stay out of here' signs had been up when i was on my way out that morning, but the trench had not been. and i was cranky and territorial about being bossed around and sent on long detours by the effin' city all over the place. so i bypassed the barriers and almost did the stupidest thing of my life.

that's embarrassing because it could have been serious and anything that had happened would have been 2000% my own fault. strike that. 3000%.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Benching without a spot and having to do the roll of shame. Ah, well. At least I'm lifting heavy. LOL

I've failed on squats twice. Climbing out from under the bar is always a bit embarrassing. Again, at least I'm pushing myself.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    Benching without a spot and having to do the roll of shame. Ah, well. At least I'm lifting heavy. LOL

i never know why it's called 'shame'. i only feel goofy about the way i never seem to figure out how to get myself out from underneath the bar once it's down on the rails. i always kind of flail like a bug for a couple of seconds until i re-figure out how to make enough space to get out.
  • HeatherLeAnn622
    HeatherLeAnn622 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    After one of my first group fitness classes at my gym, a (very nice) woman pulled me aside and told me my pants were see-through. I was wearing a thong underneath. I was so humiliated that I contemplated never going back....but I finally did after a few days and just acted like nothing happened. I also make sure to wear spandex shorts or something underneath all my workout pants from now on, no matter what.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Doing pin presses. Didn't realize just how much closer than normal the bar was to the end of the bench. Sat down, lied back, WHACK! Skull vs. Barbell. Guess who won?

Heavy deadlifts. Pulling hard, let out a very loud fart. Noticed a guy looked over. Just shrugged - whatcha gonna do?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    Doing pin presses. Didn't realize just how much closer than normal the bar was to the end of the bench. Sat down, lied back, WHACK! Skull vs. Barbell. Guess who won?

Heavy deadlifts. Pulling hard, let out a very loud fart. Noticed a guy looked over. Just shrugged - whatcha gonna do?

Ooh, I about knocked myself out hitting my head on a bar. Forgot about that one. That freaking hurt!