I ate 3,446 calories yesterday!!!

Options

Replies

• Krista916
    Krista916 Posts: 258
    Options
    LOVE this post! I have vowed this time around on my weight loss journey that I was NOT going to beat myself up over slip ups. What's done is done and tomorrow is another day!

I have logged in 80 dayd in a row and this is the FIRST time it's actually working for me and I'm convinced it's because I'm not restricing anything and I'm not telling myself no and I'm NOT beating myself up over it!

Good for you! Keep it up! Way to keep it real!!
  • Nefetete
    Nefetete Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    "Keep it sane and simple people"

^^ This is it in a nutshell. Love your attitude. ROCK on girl
  • Nefetete
    Nefetete Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I'm NOT promoting binge eating, rather a healthy mindset about food. Yesterday was partly emotional eating,
    Sorry to burst your bubble but that's not a healthy mindset about food no matter what your trying to tell yourself

Instead of quoting a single sentence, try to see the message in the whole post. Its about not letting a single day define your whole journey. How would wallowing in guild & feeling miserable cuz u were over cal goal one day help.
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    :noway: OMG I freak out if I hit 2,000...I think I'd need therapy if I ate 3,000 because I'd hate myself that much. Thanks for a little perspective! :smile:

Are you kidding me ?? The "average calorie" recommended consumption here in the USA is 2000 cal/day . That is a "diet" , if all American's ate 2000 cal a day and only that amount.....there would not be the obesity epedemic there is here in the States.

2000 cal is NOTHING..... sheesh.....

No one became overweight on 2000 cal /day
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    great perspective!!
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • sunlover89
    sunlover89 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I few days ago I ate close to 5,000 calories every day for 3 days. I literally stuffed myself till I felt sick - PMS. Today my measurements are smaller than before those days. Go figure :-/
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Now this is what I call a POSITIVE post! :drinker:
  • lorigem
    lorigem Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    :noway: OMG I freak out if I hit 2,000...I think I'd need therapy if I ate 3,000 because I'd hate myself that much. Thanks for a little perspective! :smile:

Are you kidding me ?? The "average calorie" recommended consumption here in the USA is 2000 cal/day . That is a "diet" , if all American's ate 2000 cal a day and only that amount.....there would not be the obesity epedemic there is here in the States.

2000 cal is NOTHING..... sheesh.....

No one became overweight on 2000 cal /day

Not if someone doesn't exercise and just sits around all day. If I ate 2000 kcals a day and didn't exercise, I'd be over 50 calories daily according to my TDEE, which would put on pounds.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I'm NOT promoting binge eating, rather a healthy mindset about food. Yesterday was partly emotional eating,
    Sorry to burst your bubble but that's not a healthy mindset about food no matter what your trying to tell yourself

I think her point is that sometimes, we get emotional. And is it better to learn from it and move on or to dwell on it, which may cause more emotions and more binging?

We all have bad days. This chick is awesome and tough and she knows how to right a wrong with her body. Train hard, learn from mistakes and move on. That's the point.
  • MommaKit79
    MommaKit79 Posts: 852
    Options

I think her point is that sometimes, we get emotional. And is it better to learn from it and move on or to dwell on it, which may cause more emotions and more binging?

We all have bad days. This chick is awesome and tough and she knows how to right a wrong with her body. Train hard, learn from mistakes and move on. That's the point.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know anyone on my friend's list that isn't learning to deal with emotional eating. IF you are using this website, there's a pretty good chance you have had an unhealthy mindset about food. This post was important because it IS healthy to NOT freak out every time you eat over your daily calorie goal. If you are eating healthy 80 % of the time and moving every day - you're going to develop a healthy mindset about food and your body.

This amazing woman has been through it all. She is making it through to the other side and continues to work every day to improve her life and her health.
  • BACKTOCHRISSY
    BACKTOCHRISSY Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    THAT'S AWESOME!!! I am going to copy down ur words and put them in front of me every day. because seriously one days doesn't undo all the hard work you did to lose, just like one day of great eating and exercising doesn't take off a ton of weight. Funny how we never think of it in reverse.

Hope you don't mind, I'm going to friend you :wink:
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options

BAM! Love this!
  • andresconejo
    andresconejo Posts: 264
    Options
    Is great that you finally dont feel guilty! Cause i havent got to that point yet! I still afraid :(
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    That is 1,326 calories over my daily goal. And guess what.....I'm not starving myself today OR punishing myself with excessive exercise. In fact, I'm taking a much needed rest day today.

I'm NOT promoting binge eating, rather a healthy mindset about food. Yesterday was partly emotional eating, and partly because my body needed it. I train hard, so I'm physically recovering from that and from a few other physical things going on. So, I ate. Life happens.

I didn't gain back 74 pounds overnight. I didn't undo ALL of my progress. I did not board the guilt train that wanted to pull up to my curb and toot it's ugly little horn.

Keep it sane and simple people.

That is all. :drinker:

74 pounds lost. End of story. SCOREBOARD!
    The point here is that these daily ups and downs are just random noise, not to be sweated over.
    The long-term trend is all that counts..
  • Superchikanthem
    Superchikanthem Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    You and I have the same mindset! I'm living life and loving it!!
  • kts3639
    kts3639 Posts: 188 Member
    Options

I think it is a great mindset! One day of a bit of emotional eating =/= an unhealthy relationship with food. If it were like that every day, then yes, that may be true, but that's not the case here. It is very healthy to accept going over your allotment for the day and not let it get the best of you. We're all human, it happens, doesn't mean you need therapy for it.

And OP, you are a very strong woman, and I am proud of you :drinker:
  • SkinnyMel78
    SkinnyMel78 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    you just made me hungry :smile:
  • pa_cornpone
    pa_cornpone Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Just want to say that I am glad you are my friend.... Preach on sistah!!!!