Do you shop groceries online?

Options
13»

Replies

• RoteBook
    RoteBook Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I tried most of the options available here over the summer when I just couldn't handle one more shopping trip with both of my children. Any one of them is a helpful dream while shopping, but put the two of them together and we are That Family. The one with one kid yelling and the other running through the store.

I use instacart when someone is sick and we need groceries but can't get to the store. They charge the same as in-store, but the delivery fee and expected tip make it too expensive for regular use. They are too often out of things that I know are always in stock at the store, and the quality of the produce really depends on who your shopper is.

I use goodeggs sometimes. Their delivery is free and they don't accept tips, and the prices are about the same as the farmers' market, but they only carry Whole Foods-esque products. That is, if you want an organic, free-range heritage chicken and don't know a farmer, they're your go-to. Like Whole Foods there are some things that are a reasonable price if you know how to find them, and the quality is really good.

I tried Amazon fresh but they rarely had what I wanted and I didn't like being tied in to a monthly charge.
  • D4LB
    D4LB Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    @JessicaMcB I love it too haha
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I think the only place with grocery pick up around here is Walmart and I go out of my way to avoid their limp produce. If Winco or Costco delivered I would take advantage of that. Especially Costco. My husband brings home the oddest things when left unsupervised in Costco.
  • FreyasRebirth
    FreyasRebirth Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    In my area (Detroit metro), Shipt uses Meijer.

http://share.shipt.com/h6CVj <-- That link will give you $10 off your first order and a 2 week trial. They are in Michigan, Ohio, Arizona, Texas, and many of the southeastern states.
  • lilchefmelissa
    lilchefmelissa Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I do and I love it. My local market offers it, they always give you good quality produce too. Well if it's not good it's double your money back.
    Anyways I have found I save lots of money doing this because no impulse buying of food. Keeps weekly menu planing on track.